• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

First thoughts and some hiccups...

Got the phone last night from ATT. They upgraded me early with no problems and the new contract price. The first phone they gave me failed to recognize my sim card once (while they were setting it up) so they tried one of theirs. They said it was recognized, but they were worried that I would get home and my card wouldn't work so they got me another phone and set it up no questions asked. The manager said it was the first fail they had had all week and said that it was much more impressive than the 4-5 failed iphones they had on the iphone 4 launch day. :D

I have been playing around with the phone and love it. I am new to smartphones and android, so I am sure I haven't figured out 90% of what I can do with it. I think the call quality is great. Internet works really well. Had no issues with it connecting to my wifi. Haven't tried data on the network yet because I have been at home. I ran my phone down a bit last night and charged it while it was off overnight. My only "oh crap" moment was this morning when I turned the phone on after charging. Every minute or so it would freeze and I would have to turn the screen off and back on. It isn't doing it now so I feel better about it, but am still kinda worried. :thinking: Oh, anyone know how to do a hard reset? When the phone would freeze I couldn't turn it completely off, just the screen (which worked, but I still want to know how to do a hard reset). Oh, and I don't see any dots, but whatever. Overall, I love it. It's funny because I thought it would be too big, but now my iPod just feels really small. It's the perfect size for me and the quality is incredible. I am so happy with this amazing phone.

Oh, interesting note. I was talking to the manager at the ATT store about the Atrix. He and the sales guy both came across as quite unimpressed with it. When I said a lot of poeple were saying they were going to return the Inspire to get it and then had changed their minds they said they weren't surprised. They said that in their opinions it would only benefit "hardcore" users. When I mentioned the ridiculous dock price, the MANAGER said "Why wouldn't you just buy a laptop? Seems off." Thought you all would like that.

Got the phone last night from ATT. They upgraded me early with no problems and the new contract price. The first phone they gave me failed to recognize my sim card once (while they were setting it up) so they tried one of theirs. They said it was recognized, but they were worried that I would get home and my card wouldn't work so they got me another phone and set it up no questions asked. The manager said it was the first fail they had had all week and said that it was much more impressive than the 4-5 failed iphones they had on the iphone 4 launch day. :D

I have been playing around with the phone and love it. I am new to smartphones and android, so I am sure I haven't figured out 90% of what I can do with it. I think the call quality is great. Internet works really well. Had no issues with it connecting to my wifi. Haven't tried data on the network yet because I have been at home. I ran my phone down a bit last night and charged it while it was off overnight. My only "oh crap" moment was this morning when I turned the phone on after charging. Every minute or so it would freeze and I would have to turn the screen off and back on. It isn't doing it now so I feel better about it, but am still kinda worried. :thinking: Oh, anyone know how to do a hard reset? When the phone would freeze I couldn't turn it completely off, just the screen (which worked, but I still want to know how to do a hard reset). Oh, and I don't see any dots, but whatever. Overall, I love it. It's funny because I thought it would be too big, but now my iPod just feels really small. It's the perfect size for me and the quality is incredible. I am so happy with this amazing phone.

Oh, interesting note. I was talking to the manager at the ATT store about the Atrix. He and the sales guy both came across as quite unimpressed with it. When I said a lot of poeple were saying they were going to return the Inspire to get it and then had changed their minds they said they weren't surprised. They said that in their opinions it would only benefit "hardcore" users. When I mentioned the ridiculous dock price, the MANAGER said "Why wouldn't you just buy a laptop? Seems off." Thought you all would like that.

The freezing was most likely do to the original sync between HTC, and your info it takes several hours. Check if it does it again tom am.
PS the bold is exactly how I feel:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones