• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Flashed to Kaos v24 VZW sats they cant authorize my number

ehasley

May 16, 2010
So I flashed to v24 with out a hitch and I wanted to get my lock screen to say VZW again so just like I did on v23 I flashed the changetovzw.zip

It worked, sort of, but now I can no longer access the My Verizon app or do a *228 or *22899

The My Verizon App says they are unable to validate my mobile number. And activation states they are unable to program my phone at this time. I tried restoring to the NAND I made right before I went to v24 with no change. I can still make and receive calls. I had both of these functions on v23.

I am preforming a data wipe now and restoring my v23 NAND

That didn't help.

So after flashing to v24 there are two things I did.

1. I flashed the changetovzw.zip file
2. I flashed the 2.1 OTA maintenance release. The one that just pushed. I don't know why I did that lol.

I'm thinking I may try to go back to the very beginning and reload the NAND I made right after gaining root and just start from the begining. If that doesn't help maybe the RUU 2.1 OTA exe file I recently found? I don't know if this is related but everytime I flash roms almost, all programs that require SU will say I won't have access. I get around this by opening up Titanium, which also says they can't find root, and download busybox again. That seems to clear that up.

Any help here guys as I am totally stumped.

Thanks again for everything

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones