• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Flashed updated ROM, Droid won't go past Moto symbol... again!

SO the first time I rooted and the first update I did gave me some problems. When the phone rebooted after the flash the Moto symbol would come up and not go any further. Either that or the symbol would show up and then the phone would reset after five seconds. So I did a few battery pulls and finally got it to work after a while. Ever since the 2.0.4 update I cannot get the phone past the Moto screen. I've tried about 12 times between that and 2.0.5 and I have to keep restoring back to my original settings before I flashed any of the ROMs. Anyone know why this is happening? I loved my phone so much more when I had the Smoked Glass 2.1 ROM and OC. Help please!!!

SO the first time I rooted and the first update I did gave me some problems. When the phone rebooted after the flash the Moto symbol would come up and not go any further. Either that or the symbol would show up and then the phone would reset after five seconds. So I did a few battery pulls and finally got it to work after a while. Ever since the 2.0.4 update I cannot get the phone past the Moto screen. I've tried about 12 times between that and 2.0.5 and I have to keep restoring back to my original settings before I flashed any of the ROMs. Anyone know why this is happening? I loved my phone so much more when I had the Smoked Glass 2.1 ROM and OC. Help please!!!

I have this same problem. I am running with 2.0.3 just fine but when I try to flash 2.0.5 i get the frozen or rebooting moto logo. I did not try 2.0.4 so I am not sure. I do get the rebooting moto logo with other sholes roms at times but it always gets into the OS eventually, but with 2.0.5 I have not been able to get in at all. I posted a bug report on the sholes.info site but have not heard back.

Upvote 0
Well if you're versed in adb, you can shell into the recovery image and try formatting the whole device before you install:

format DATA:
format CACHE:
format SYSTEM:

then install 2.0.5

That's an entire wipe of the phone, so 2.0.5 should be installing over a clean slate.

If you have no idea what I just said, then nevermind.

Also, one possibility is that your download may have corrupted. Have you tried deleting the file and redownloading it?

It is in the root section. Says All Things Root for me?

Well, lol! Don't take credit for my work! I moved it.

Upvote 0
I have also let mine sit for as long as 30 mins on the moto logo with no luck. I have tried wiping data a number of times also without luck. Out of ideas at this point. I have created a bug on sholes site:

Bug 58 – Reboot Loop on Motorola Logo

If you are also having this issue please post your experience under comments of this bug so the sholes devs know it is not an isolated indecent.

Upvote 0
I have also let mine sit for as long as 30 mins on the moto logo with no luck. I have tried wiping data a number of times also without luck. Out of ideas at this point. I have created a bug on sholes site:

Bug 58 – Reboot Loop on Motorola Logo

If you are also having this issue please post your experience under comments of this bug so the sholes devs know it is not an isolated indecent.

i rooted my phone last night and this morning it was working fine and i wanted to show my friend the boot animation and it never went past the Motorola Logo

Upvote 0
i rooted my phone last night and this morning it was working fine and i wanted to show my friend the boot animation and it never went past the Motorola Logo
so is your phone the motorola A855 droid 1 and what rom did you install because rooting it in and of itself shouldn't cause this but if you flash a rom and dont wipe data and cache it will do what you describe so let us know what rom you flashed and how you did it in detail like what recovery you used or did you use rom manager or what and how did you apply your custom boot anumation thank you and good luck

Attachments

• WALL_OF_TEXT.jpg
    WALL_OF_TEXT.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 47
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones