• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Fold4-Stable Android 14, One UI 6.0 rolling out

ironass

Extreme Android User
Aug 17, 2010
Cotswolds, England
Samsung are rolling out their stable Android 14, One UI 6.0 firmware, EWL1, which comes with the December security patch.

Build = F936BXXU4ZEWL1

Download = 712.16 MB (size for beta testers)

Camera version = 14.0.00.50

Security patch = 01 December 2023

It is a FOTA, (Firmware Over The Air), update and you can check... Settings > Software update... to see if it is available for you. Alternatively, you can connect to the Samsung PC suite, Smart Switch and check via that.

Software update

EWL1 UPDATE 2 Screenshot_20231218_095556_Settings.jpg

Is a new wallpaper for the cover screen part of the update? I woke up to my cover screen having a really nice forest wallpaper on the cover screen where there was one just minimal time/notification info prior. I had my updates blocked originally via NetGuard but have turned that VPN off last week so not sure if an update can proceed unprompted (but I did turn overlays off so it probably would have told me and I never got the memo)

Either way nice change for the cover screen.

Upvote 0
Is a new wallpaper for the cover screen part of the update? I woke up to my cover screen having a really nice forest wallpaper on the cover screen where there was one just minimal time/notification info prior. I had my updates blocked originally via NetGuard but have turned that VPN off last week so not sure if an update can proceed unprompted (but I did turn overlays off so it probably would have told me and I never got the memo)

Either way nice change for the cover screen.
It retained my usual screen during the update on my international, F936B, Fold4. On my device I can set the update to download over Wi-Fi but it will not install until I tell it to. I have a feeling that this is not the case on some U.S.A. devices that will automatically update.

Upvote 0
I swonney I keep reading the title as 'flip 4'.

At one time Samsung devices if set to auto download on wifi would only let you bypass updating for like three times then it'd force it. The only solution was to turn off auto download over wifi. If you turn screen overlay permission off the updater 'app' it disables the pop-ups. Doesn't stop it from still counting down and updating if set to auto download over wifi though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones