• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

For those who had a shred of hope that 2.1 leakers are getting OTA.....

thats because the hboot is probably the same version of the one on the 2.1.3
hboot is actually what loads it from my understanding.

looks like you are all still outta luck.
time for refurbs all around? :)

my choice of complaint a few weeks ago was the trackball.

Can you still get a replacement if you don't have the insurance? I am annoyed that they said "Oh yeah, leak is fine, you'll still get the OTA", then they say that the leak will void your warranty. Color me annoyed.

Upvote 0
Can you still get a replacement if you don't have the insurance? I am annoyed that they said "Oh yeah, leak is fine, you'll still get the OTA", then they say that the leak will void your warranty. Color me annoyed.

i was on the leak, 2.1.3, had insurance but i got it replaced under the warranty, faulty hardware. just go in, tell them your problem but dont say anything about the leak. if they ask about the leak just say you got the OTA message and upgraded and thats all you know about it

before the OTA was released i got my refurb. took it into the store and the rep noticed the pinch to view. she told me it was pretty cool and asked if i could make her eris do that :eek:

walked out of the store with a new eris and rooted it before i was even in the car

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
Do you honestly believe the Twit-rep for Verizon's "support"? Attempting to flash your phone back to 1.5 isn't going to work. Not unless someone can find a full-functioning, signed ROM that is willing to overwrite software that is more up-to-date.

If people want back on 1.5 (or the 2.1 OTA, for that matter) that badly, their best bet is to either complain about an issue with the phone (silent, battery, trackball, or whatever other problem you may have) and have insurance, or just pay for a new/refurbished one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones