• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

foursquare won't post to twitter and facebook

yes i linked everything through the computer...and unlinked...and relinked...

I've done all the FAQ's, and even deleted my FS account and started from scratch. The consensus is that it's a FOURSQUARE issue and THEY need to fix it.

It's not just linking on the FS website, but it's also making sure your FB permissions are setup properly (typically they are when you allow the FS app!). I did note that there is not a permissions setting specifically for your wall, but I don't know if this is required (haven't found a way to even add it).

Upvote 0
I've been having issues with foursquare not updating to twitter after the 2.2 update on my Droid X. TwitPic isn't updating either. I upload the pic and it shows up on the TwitPic site but not on my Twitter account. I then had to hit the Twitter button to get it to load on my twitter account. I didn't have to do that before.

Upvote 0
I've done all the FAQ's, and even deleted my FS account and started from scratch. The consensus is that it's a FOURSQUARE issue and THEY need to fix it.

It's not just linking on the FS website, but it's also making sure your FB permissions are setup properly (typically they are when you allow the FS app!). I did note that there is not a permissions setting specifically for your wall, but I don't know if this is required (haven't found a way to even add it).
Same here. I've tried everything and It won't post Foursquare updates on facebook no matter what.

EDIT, I just went through the process again and it worked!

On my PC, I unlinked facebook in foursquare. Then I relinked it. I logged out of foursqure on my phone and then back in and it works.

Upvote 0
I had the same problem as well. After trying everything that seemed to work for many with nothing but failure, I finally succeeded! Follow the instructions on the Foursquare FAQ page, but before you log out of Facebook, remove the Foursquare application from your Facebook account under the privacy settings / applications / edit settings. Here is the link to their FAQ page: Foursquare Support : Why aren't my check-ins posting to Facebook/Twitter? When you log back into Foursqaure and link it to Facebook again it should work. Certainly no guarantees here, but I did work for me when nothing else did. Hope it makes some sense and helps a few of you out that were as frustrated as I was!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones