• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Free 411 Service

Did you ever post something and then later realize it wasn't as great as you first thought? A colleague just pointed out that you can achieve the same effect by using Google's voice search on the phone. The Droid is my first smartphone. Forgive me for still thinking in my dumb phone mentality!

Upvote 0
Did you ever post something and then later realize it wasn't as great as you first thought? A colleague just pointed out that you can achieve the same effect by using Google's voice search on the phone. The Droid is my first smartphone. Forgive me for still thinking in my dumb phone mentality!

lol I think the only reason I haven't already done that is because I've played with my phone for probably 8 hours a day or more ever since I got it. It has to be plugged in about 60% of the time from the use it has gotten.

This is my first smartphone too. Well, technically it is my second. My first droid was exchanged on Sunday for my second droid.

Upvote 0
Most people probably know this, but it could be good info for some:

1. For those who have a phone carrier that has "Friend and Family" numbers you can use Goog-411 for free calling to businesses. (This would help you if you have a plan where you are constantly getting close to the limit on your minutes).

You set Goog-411 as one of your "friends and family" numbers, which means you won't be charged minutes for this call.. Call Goog-411 and ask for the business you want to call. Goog will connect you.. Free call..

Also,
2. (not related to our cell phones but,) You can use Goog-411 for free calls with Skype. Skype allows free 800 calls, so, using Skype, call Goog-411 and ask for the business you want.. Goog-411 will connect you. Free call..

FC

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones