• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
what is root also i just got the prevail about a week ago it keeps freezeing i have to take out baterry to restart can someone help

To answer your question about root(rooting):

Rooting an Android Phone: What it Means and Why I Did It - Yahoo! News

I did come across another thread on this site explaining rooting but I don't have the link on hand, maybe someone else can fill you in.

As for the issue with your freezing phone, I'm thinking an app or something is making it freeze but I wouldn't know how to go about fixing other then reflashing the phone.

Upvote 0
I am a long time lurker, and registered just to make this post. I have had the Prevail for awhile now, currently running ShabbyMod 0.8. There is a real issue with Bluetooth on this phone. I have done lots of tests including factory wiping, trying different headsets, even just turning Bluetooth on without any devices connected. It randomly freezes or should I say stutter. I have tried enabling Stay Awake to keep the phone awake as well. It has experienced this freeze/stutter the entire life of the phone. I am inclined to believe this is a kernel bug. I was wondering who all on this forum uses BT on the regular basis that could validate my findings.

Upvote 0
I am a long time lurker, and registered just to make this post. I have had the Prevail for awhile now, currently running ShabbyMod 0.8. There is a real issue with Bluetooth on this phone. I have done lots of tests including factory wiping, trying different headsets, even just turning Bluetooth on without any devices connected. It randomly freezes or should I say stutter. I have tried enabling Stay Awake to keep the phone awake as well. It has experienced this freeze/stutter the entire life of the phone. I am inclined to believe this is a kernel bug. I was wondering who all on this forum uses BT on the regular basis that could validate my findings.
I use a samsung wep460 earpiece and I have a pioneer 3300bt headunit in my car I have never had problems with using either.

Upvote 0
I use Bluetooth every time I get into my Fiesta using Ford's Microsoft Sync... Never an issue. Matter of fact, never an issue with the phone period. Even with stock firmware, this has been one of the best phones I've ever owned. I recently have been having some odd things happen, but they are a direct result of my abuse.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones