• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fresh Toast 2.1 vs. Fresh 2.1.1

Hmmm, I'll have to try that. I had added a mobile network widget and would click it off/on and it would come back on. I've also noticed that data turns off when my phone sleeps, which is odd to me. I don't get e-mails until I wake up my phone.
Forgot to ask you before, did you upgrade the latest radio by flashing it too? My reception sucked right after I updated until I flashed the latest radio.

Download: Radio Baseband 2.42.01.04.27 for Sprint CDMA Hero Geek For Me – Android CDMA Sprint Hero

Quick response: Just rebooted the phone, let it sleep for a few minutes with Overclocking widget running and sent myself an e-mail and it beeped on my phone instantly. guess it's working now. I'll keep an eye out on it and report if this has fixed it permanently or not.

Just shut the phone off, pulled the battery and restarted. We'll see if this keeps it up. May also start playing with uninstalling Overclocking widget to see if that is the problem.
Just letting the ROM settle in and get used to your usage pattern may help too. That is what helped me. As for OC widget, I suggest just going by what Flipz suggested for running it and leave it at that. It took OC widget some time to learn how to respond based on my frequencies needed from my usage, but that is what it is supposed to do.

Let me know how things go.

Upvote 0
I didn't want to update the radio baseband, as I'm not familiar with how that impacts the phone. I suppose I need to read into it and then decide from there.

As for the OC Widget, I will go back and read over Flipz recommendations and see if that helps.

Last night and all this morning my phone has been great. E-mails are coming right through and it seems I'm not losing my data connection anymore. Battery life has gone down (as expected since I'm keeping the data signal consistently now), but not by that much.
Upgrading the radio can improve your battery performance as well as your connections.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones