• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Froyo - Apps Disappearing

I'm running a captivate with Froyo on it, and every time I start the phone 2 apps disappear from my home screens. One being Angry Birds, and the other being Labyrinth Lite. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Are there any fixes?

I had this issue with cogs Froyo 2.2 beta 4 I think, I would loose my xScope and Car Home icons on the home screen every time I re-booted. I re-flashed and it went away.

What Froyo are you running and has it only been doing it since you put froyo on?

Upvote 0
I had this issue with cogs Froyo 2.2 beta 4 I think, I would loose my xScope and Car Home icons on the home screen every time I re-booted. I re-flashed and it went away.

What Froyo are you running and has it only been doing it since you put froyo on?

I'm running the Odin loader version (JI6), and yes this has only started happening since I put froyo on. I'm going to wait and see what replies other people have before reflashing though.

Upvote 0
Yeah, don't blame you. My issues were with the Cognition versions and went away with a reflash. Also haven't had that issue with cogs b6 or b7 versions.

Found out the problem was those two apps were installed on my external SD card. No idea how they got there, as I don't even know how to install apps onto the SD card. I used Titanium Backup to move them back onto the internal memory and all is well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones