• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Full Downgrade from 2.1root (any) to 1.5 stock - FULLY WORKING

Just wondering but in one of the steps to get it back to a 100% Stock it includes loading in to fastboot and recovering the original bootloader so could this be used to the leak people advantage so that way when it puts the old bootloader on there all we have to do is downgrade

Could grdlock or someone from the XDA-DEV thats working on it tell me i have 2 Erises one i use as an ipod and the other a phone. and if it does brick can i just reload the 2.1 PB00IMG.zip to fix it

Upvote 0
Code:
Just wondering but in one of the steps to get it back to a 100% Stock it includes loading in to fastboot and recovering the original bootloader so could this be used to the leak people advantage so that way when it puts the old bootloader on there all we have to do is downgrade

Could grdlock or someone from the XDA-DEV thats working on it tell me i have 2 Erises one i use as an ipod and the other a phone. and if it does brick can i just reload the 2.1 PB00IMG.zip to fix it

No this can't be used to the leak user's advantages, as it requires the eng bootloader that comes with the original root rom.

Code:
Okay nvm i tried it and it bricked my Ipod Android phone ohh well time to Flash the leak 

So just how close are yall on the downgrade for the leak

No way my downgrade would brick a phone unless you lost power, or failed to do a md5sum check for corruption.

Code:
Just an FYI... I started the thread for jcase. I have no involment in the development process. Im sure some of those involved will answer any questions soon.

I appreciate it, I hate posting on forums. I had to point this out tho.

Upvote 0
As per the giant read notice at my original post, its for users of 2.1 leak only who wish to return to 100% stock.

Your giant read notice at your original post says its NOT for leak users, and to not even ask. However the quoted text says it IS for leak users who want to return to stock. I'm guessing one of them is a typo or I am dumb as a brick. Good chance for the latter. :D Thanks for the work put in on this.

Upvote 0
Typo on that one, but on my ORIGINAL THREAD, and HOW TO it is in BIG RED LETTERS.

I won't take responsibility for users failing to read the how to. If people don't follow my instructions for my patches/hacks/roms and they get bricks, they shouldn't even peep up about it. I will merely laugh in amazement.

Upvote 0
My release threads are generally clear.

I I am tired of "Your patch is broken, xxx live wallpaper crashes my phone" "Your XXX bricked my phone" "Can I use xxx with xxx?" When its all clearly laid out in the release threads.

If someone isn't going to read the release thread, don't use my stuff. I am allowed to be pissy with as many complaints as I get, 99.9% being from people not following directions.

P.S. Its impossible to BRICK/Damage a 2.1leak phone with any of my patches/ROMS/HACKS as only one will even work on 2.1 phones, the others won't pass signature checks.

Upvote 0
Can the leak please be rooted or something to go back to 1.5 please

Putting stuff like this is helpful how? The dev's bust their ass to get these ROM, root, etc and you post something like this? I am with jcase on this one. You dont think they see stuff like this every day? Why not, hey guys, thanks for this kick-ass thing you just did..Ill stay posted to see when the leak is cracked.

I am usually a nice guy but after reading how many stupid posts people put just like jcase said, I am now getting upset.

jcase and other dev's, thank you guys so much for your knowledge and continuous help in making this phone even better every day

Upvote 0

Putting stuff like this is helpful how? The dev's bust their ass to get these ROM, root, etc and you post something like this? I am with jcase on this one. You dont think they see stuff like this every day? Why not, hey guys, thanks for this kick-ass thing you just did..Ill stay posted to see when the leak is cracked.

I am usually a nice guy but after reading how many stupid posts people put just like jcase said, I am now getting upset.

jcase and other dev's, thank you guys so much for your knowledge and continuous help in making this phone even better every day

+1

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Play, test, break, fix, play, test, break, fix, play, test, break, fix, play, test, break, fix, play, test, break, fix, play, test, break, fix, play, test, break, fix, play, test, break, fix, play, test, break, fix, play, test, break, fix, play, test, break, fix, play, test, break, fix, play, test, break, fix, play, test, break, fix.

oh research.

:)

Upvote 0

The warnings indicating that you're taking a chance with your device by installing a leaked version of 2.1 are posted in the tutorial on flashing that leak.

Asking for a way to do something that you were warned could not be done seems a bit (fill in the blank with admonishment of choice).

Not to mention that the developers working on root, etc around here are volunteering their time and efforts.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones