• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Full screen Android Auto screen mirroring with/without root

elflamablanca

Feb 8, 2023
Is there a way to screen mirror my phone and have it full screen? Doesn't matter if the phone needs to be rooted or not, I just want to know if it is possible.

I have a Z Fold 4 and it is not rooted. When I use the screen2auto app it only uses some of the display in my 2022 Kia Stinger with a 10.5" infotaiment screen.

F2IhlCFWgAA3ca7.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, it is possible to screen mirror your phone and have it full screen. However, the ability to do so may depend on the specific phone model and the mirroring app you use.

If the screen2auto app you mentioned is not displaying the full screen on your car's infotainment system, you can try using other screen mirroring apps.

Additionally, some custom ROMs or rooting methods may provide more control over screen mirroring, but keep in mind that rooting may void your phone's warranty and can have security risks.

Upvote 0
Yes, it is possible to screen mirror your phone and have it full screen. However, the ability to do so may depend on the specific phone model and the mirroring app you use.

If the screen2auto app you mentioned is not displaying the full screen on your car's infotainment system, you can try using other screen mirroring apps.

Additionally, some custom ROMs or rooting methods may provide more control over screen mirroring, but keep in mind that rooting may void your phone's warranty and can have security risks.

Someone had mentioned that it wont let me because of teh aspect ratio of my phone. The Z fold 4 inner screen aspect ratio is 6:5. The Pixel 6a is 20:9. The Pixel aspect ratio would be perfect for what I am asking right?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones