• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FYI about 1More earbuds

@dontpanicbobby

@markdoc What comes after Quadraphonic?
Damned if I know. I'm happy with the quad. But my HTC 10 is starting to go. I'm trying to decide between another HTC 10 for cheap or LG V40. LG has earplugs Jack and supposedly great sound. I looked at the Pixel 3 but no earphone jack. I don't want to loose the sound. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
How come we say stereophonic, or stereo instead of biphonic?

Stereo, from the Greek stereos meaning 'solid' was added to 'phone' -- also from the Greek, meaning 'sound' or 'voice' -- to indicate the fullness or sensation of three dimensions from the sound. It didn't originally refer to only two channels, but because recordings began with two channels, corresponding to our ears, it was the adopted term for most polyphonic recordings.

The V40 is nice, but you could probably get the V35 for a good bit less and have pretty much the same features.

Reactions: dontpanicbobby
Upvote 0
Stereo, from the Greek stereos meaning 'solid' was added to 'phone' -- also from the Greek, meaning 'sound' or 'voice' -- to indicate the fullness or sensation of three dimensions from the sound. It didn't originally refer to only two channels, but because recordings began with two channels, corresponding to our ears, it was the adopted term for most polyphonic recordings.

The V40 is nice, but you could probably get the V35 for a good bit less and have pretty much the same features.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Upvote 0
Not that I know of. That's why I loved the 10. But mine is starting to go. A couple of reviews say the LG V40 has great sound and an earphone jack. I just ordered one from Verizon for half price. I'll let you know. (Unfortunately, the LG V40 doesn't have a forum so I guess I'll post it here comparing it to the HTC 10 )

My HTC10 semi died, sorta. I was transferring a file to the SD card when the transfer stopped. For whatever reason the phone said there was no SD card. I put in two known good cards but no go. The phone no longer recognized external memory. So I bought a LG G7 ThinQ and I really love it! The Hi-Fi Quad DAC with DTS:X 3D Surround is outstanding!

Reactions: markdoc
Upvote 0
My HTC10 semi died, sorta. I was transferring a file to the SD card when the transfer stopped. For whatever reason the phone said there was no SD card. I put in two known good cards but no go. The phone no longer recognized external memory. So I bought a LG G7 ThinQ and I really love it! The Hi-Fi Quad DAC with DTS:X 3D Surround is outstanding!
Mine is shutting down for no reason and just not acting right. I just hope the sound of the LG is close to the "10". I was suppose to get it tomorrow, but UPS changed it to Monday. Do you know if the LG can handle a high speed SD card? I asked LG & Verizon and neither one knew.

Upvote 0
Mine is shutting down for no reason and just not acting right. I just hope the sound of the LG is close to the "10". I was suppose to get it tomorrow, but UPS changed it to Monday. Do you know if the LG can handle a high speed SD card? I asked LG & Verizon and neither one knew.
Yes it can handle high speed SD cards. No problems so far. To my ears the LG audio surpasses the HTC in sound quality. You can tell the difference two years or so that the "evolution" between the two phones has made.

Reactions: markdoc
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones