1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

G2 camera not connecting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RATMachine, Dec 3, 2013.

1. RATMachine

RATMachine Newbie

Anyone else having some problems with the camera. Sometimes when I use either the camera app or snap chat it says cannot connect to camera. And I have to restart my phone to get my camera functionality back. My phone is only a few days old. could I have a manufacturer defective device? If so then how can I confirm my suspicion?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Have you tried the standard clearing cache and data of the camera app?

Settings- > Apps -> All -> Camera -> Clear Cache/Data.

3. RATMachine

RATMachine Newbie

That made that camera app work however the facial recognition on the lock screen still won't connect to the camera.

4. El Presidente

VIP Member

Face Unlock is an app in its own right, try clearing the cache and data on that if you can.

5. RATMachine

RATMachine Newbie

First off let me say that your response time is amazing. Love the support from this community.

Unfortunately the face unlock still does not work. However if I restart the phone it will work. No clue why this might be happening

6. El Presidente

VIP Member

Thank you :)

It's only a couple of days old? It sounds a bit silly, but the first thing I do when I get a new phone is factory reset, just in case it shipped with dirty caches etc, so you could give that a go?

7. stef7

stef7 Android Expert

FDR is a good suggestion. However, are you using anything that might be taking control of, and hanging onto the front facing camera, like Skype or some other video chat program other than what came with the phone? If so, try uninstalling that and seeing if the behavior goes away.

Like for example, Snapchat? :)

Try uninstalling and see if the front-facing camera facial recognition stuff works.

You might have to contact the developer of that program.

8. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

Only time I've run into this problem is using a third party camera app (on my S3 with the 4.3 camera app). I imagine this isn't a problem with yours?
    Factory reset is something I would also recommend; just be sure to back up anything you want to save beforehand. Helium is a great app to do so:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.backup

LG G2 Forum

The LG G2 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews