1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galaxy Gear w/Note 2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jore, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Jore

Jore Android Enthusiast

I know its not yet compatible with the Note 2 until the 4.3 release, whenever that will happen, but is there any use for it without the 4.3? I was thinking of getting it.

Advertisement

2. Caloy

Caloy Android Expert

Hope to see your review on this forum. Presently, I don't think it's worth the price, but who knows what apps would make this a great buy in the future.

Sent using the force now Free

3. twister6

twister6 Android Expert

Wait till 4.3, otherwise you will have $300 brick on your wrist. Another advantage of waiting till November for N2 4.3 upgrade - possibility of price drop. T-mobile already offering it at 25% off. Just have some patience, you are not missing much. Sony SW2 and upcoming Omate TrueSmart might be a better alternative ;)

4. SixtyDashOne

SixtyDashOne Member

At this point I'm becoming increasingly pessimistic that us N2 owners will even ever see 4.3. It has to go through Samsung first, and then it will probably take forever to get through the carriers. So I'm planning on not even ever seeing 4.3 on my Note 2, though I hope I'm wrong. But I certainly wouldn't gamble a 300 dollar purchase on the off chance that both Samsung and our carriers will roll it out to us.

5. Jore

Jore Android Enthusiast

Yeah your right. It'll end up being a $300 watch that does nothing.

6. Nightly

Nightly Lurker

I hope that's not the case. I am really jonsing for that watch and am seriously thinking of upgrading to the N3 to get one now. Yea, yea, I know, it's a toy, but that's what everyone told me when I stood in line the first day the iPad went on sale. I really think the smart watches are the next iPad and the galaxy gear is the best of the current offerings. Yes I recognize, as does Samsung, that the functionality is on the light side, but that's nothing that time and software won't fix. I think the form factor, the use of S voice and the ability the make and receive calls are key. The initial offering is just that. I'll bet you a cup of coffee there are more things to come from Samsung.

Soooooo, does anyone really know when 4.3 is coming to the N2?

7. bumancuzbrah

bumancuzbrah Newbie

They not going release 4.3 on N2 until they made their money on the N3 and GG. When the 4.3 JB comes out for the N2, it will make the N2 compatible with the GG. So to make money, they gotta sell more N3's before they release the update. ImHO....

8. Ballymoss

Ballymoss Android Expert

You'd think it might be possible for somebody to come up with software to connect them in advance of 4.3?

9. JimSmith94

JimSmith94 Android Enthusiast

I can't find the link right now, but somebody on XDA has the Galaxy Gear mostly working on the Note 2. Obviously the Bluetooth 4 features won't work until we get Android 4.3 or somebody gets that ported.

10. twister6

twister6 Android Expert

Are you sure it wasn't with some custom 4.3 ROM for Note 2? Cause I have seen on XDA someone already ported a lot of functionality of Note 3 (especially those s-pen tools) to Note 2. Wondering if that's related to the same thing where they made it to work with Gear.

11. JimSmith94

JimSmith94 Android Enthusiast

Could be. I don't remember for sure and haven't found the thread again.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews