• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

I'm meeting a guy sis introduced to me after work today for the first time. He drove 2.5hours to meet me. Just got a text that he just got into the city. The guy has exams and he's willing to drive a total of 5 hours for maybe an hour of tea with me. *thinks* Why do I feel that he's quite eager to meet me -_-;

Upvote 0
I'm meeting a guy sis introduced to me after work today for the first time. He drove 2.5hours to meet me. Just got a text that he just got into the city. The guy has exams and he's willing to drive a total of 5 hours for maybe an hour of tea with me. *thinks* Why do I feel that he's quite eager to meet me -_-;

Have fun!

Upvote 0
I just saw the explanation of the religious part. I'm going to try and say this without offending any one on either side of the religious coin.

Are they really trying to lead us to believe that if you can do math you can't be religious, and vice versa. C'mon man, my favorite color is red, does that mean I can't learn the Chinese language or something. It seems really naive to assume that one's beliefs or lack thereof is in anyway related to intelligence.

Upvote 0
Good luck.

Upvote 0

Seems to be the week for it! Good luck - I hope you have an awesome time!!!

Upvote 0
I just saw the explanation of the religious part. I'm going to try and say this without offending any one on either side of the religious coin.

Are they really trying to lead us to believe that if you can do math you can't be religious, and vice versa. C'mon man, my favorite color is red, does that mean I can't learn the Chinese language or something. It seems really naive to assume that one's beliefs or lack thereof is in anyway related to intelligence.

The common argument that those capable of scientific, analytical thought are enlightened enough to know better than to believe in a higher being... So anyone who does believe can't be included in that group. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
The common argument that those capable of scientific, analytical thought are enlightened enough to know better than to believe in a higher being... So anyone who does believe can't be included in that group. :rolleyes:

A debate better left undebated here. If you want to know why and what I believe, pm me. But I will say evolution is a theory, and a flawed one at best. Darwin said so himself.

Didn't mean to make that sound as if it was directed at you Anti, lol. I have a feeling we are of the same beliefs on this one.

Upvote 0
Guys, with all due respect, I'd really like a moratorium on any sort of religious stuff. It's really making me uncomfortable.

So you have no problem with posting quotes containing "Magic man in the sky" but if others mention their religion you don't like it? And by mention I do mean just mention. We were refraining from debate.

Upvote 0
OK, so I am trying to get my lawn mowed before it rains for the next few days. Anyone know how soon you can mow new grass. It is 3-4" tall and has been growing for 4 weeks. I will really just be topping it off to knock down some ground cover that survived the rotor tilling. Probably mowing at 3.5"

Oops, sorry, didn't mean to start something, my mea culpa is hidden.

I didn't mean to call anyone out or go pro/con on religion. Just the link made between math skills and religion. Sorry if I was not clear enough or offended anyone, never my intent. We are all of different backgrounds and I respect all of your opinions on all topics.

Upvote 0
I understand your concern about a religious debate, and I wasn't trying to fuel the fire on any such thing: I was simply posting and discussing "scientific" studies suggesting that religious people are somehow brain-damaged compared to those who have no professed faith.

I do not, however, want to make anyone feel uncomfortable since it's everybody's forum. I'm pretty much done with the discussion, anyway :)

Upvote 0
OK, so I am trying to get my lawn mowed before it rains for the next few days. Anyone know how soon you can mow new grass. It is 3-4" tall and has been growing for 4 weeks. I will really just be topping it off to knock down some ground cover that survived the rotor tilling. Probably mowing at 3.5"

Oops, sorry, didn't mean to start something, my mea culpa is hidden.

I didn't mean to call anyone out or go pro/con on religion. Just the link made between math skills and religion. Sorry if I was not clear enough or offended anyone, never my intent. We are all of different backgrounds and I respect all of your opinions on all topics.

I think 3-4" is the right height for new grass

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
Speaking of sex, ladies, i got a question for you. Is a guy over 30 doomed to be alone because he dont drive and lives at home? I have my reasons for this. Be honest.

I don't think so. As long as its for a reason and not just due to laziness. Somehow I have a feeling laziness is not the reason behind you asking though.

Reactions: ajdroidx
Upvote 0
Everyone knows that I'm a pastor, born-again, Christian and what-not. Are my brain cells compromised? Definitely. I don't think my faith is to blame. Raising teenagers and being married 33 years may have something to do with that. :p

Seriously... You wanna talk religion? Fine. You wanna talk brain cells? Fine. Just obey site rules and take it over to P & CA. It's out of place here. Why? It's inflammatory by nature. Here we don't allow any sort of convo on that. There? We do. Why? Because it's padded and made safe for folks so they don't hurt their heads. After all, why lose more brain cells that we already have.

Bottom line: Below this line, no the religion-faith-myth-politics arguments. Only regular off-topic stuff, like stuff about your pets, phones, spouses, kids, etc., etc.

Am I being controlling? Yes, but I am doing so according to site rules, which I willingly comply and adhere to.

Thank you....... below the line come warnings and infractions. Thank you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones