• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Okay folks, have any of you ordered a phone online and kept your unlimited data?

Verizon CSR told me to go ahead and pick a data package to pre-order (for the Darling Bride) and it is NOT a valid choice until I actually activate the phone. She also said DO NOT activate from the phone, but rather call in and have it activated by Verizon in order to keep the unlimited data.

Sounds a little on the fishy side, but there's really no other way to do it.

Is that how it works? I don't want her losing a really good plan here...

Upvote 0
Oh, forgot you have that weird (cool) unlimited plan.;)

Yeah it's cool alright. Now watch this: by the time the SGS3 hits stores next month and we can actually GET one, VZW will have instituted the family data buckets.

I will be pi$$ed beyond words.

EDIT: I tried it again and IT WENT THROUGH! :D

It even had "unlimited data" as a data option!

Darling Bride is going to be one happy camper when she finally retires her OG Droid...

Upvote 0
Alright people, I'm talking to myself here.

TWO HOURS without a post? On a Wednesday? Did I miss the Apocalypse or something?

Hi Chief! Hi Chief! Congrats on the wife's SGS3! Yeah, I think she's gonna like it: that Droid really needs to retire. Do tell - I had one of those myself! Yeah I remember her fondly... name was Droidette or "D" for short. Yeah, Ginny is so much nicer with 4G and all. Oh well, nice talking to you, time to chill elsewhere... take care! Okay Chief, I'll turn out the lights on the Watering Hole as I leave...

:p

Upvote 0
Got some sad news this morning. A close friend of another online community that I'm a member of passed away in her sleep over the weekend :( She was like an online mother to several of us in the community.
My sympathies gEEk.

Offline Maps coming to Maps for Android!
Mini Nerdgasm!!!

I saw a Note the other day and I don't think I could see myself using a device that big, eek.
That's what she said!!!

Sounds fun. I love weather.
Me too - except the cold stuff. I could live forever and never see a day below 40 and be happy.

Reactions: Stigy
Upvote 0
Yeah it's cool alright. Now watch this: by the time the SGS3 hits stores next month and we can actually GET one, VZW will have instituted the family data buckets.

I will be pi$$ed beyond words.

EDIT: I tried it again and IT WENT THROUGH! :D

It even had "unlimited data" as a data option!

Darling Bride is going to be one happy camper when she finally retires her OG Droid...

Yay for Darling Bride!!! That's always good to keep the spousal unit happy whenever possible.

Alright people, I'm talking to myself here.

TWO HOURS without a post? On a Wednesday? Did I miss the Apocalypse or something?

Hi Chief! Hi Chief! Congrats on the wife's SGS3! Yeah, I think she's gonna like it: that Droid really needs to retire. Do tell - I had one of those myself! Yeah I remember her fondly... name was Droidette or "D" for short. Yeah, Ginny is so much nicer with 4G and all. Oh well, nice talking to you, time to chill elsewhere... take care! Okay Chief, I'll turn out the lights on the Watering Hole as I leave...

:p

Ha!!! I laughed at this.
I had a busy day trying to make sure NJ had all the info they needed and certifying my unemployment. And took Mom to the craft store and had lunch too. We have a great kosher deli by us that makes phenomenal Pastrami Sandwiches, Matzah Ball soup and has a pickle bar with 'new pickles' which are my absolute favorite kind.

Upvote 0
Sorry Chief...been super busy today.

Hey, why is it so dark in here? :p

Open your eyes silly!!

Wow BB, it's like you are the BB of old, multi quotes and a "That's what she said! "

We need to hit 15k more often!

Well, I am three days away from the end of my 12 week exercise and weight loss competition at work. I am 2 lbs from my goal. I know it's a stretch, but I'm going for it. Wish me luck.

:D
And good luck!! I think you can do it. It might be hard but you've worked really hard for 11 1/2 weeks and another 3 days is completely doable. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Hey everyone. Been a long time since I was in here. Life got crazy. Sorry you had to resort to talking to yourself Chief but reading that post made my day! Congrats on the great phone/data deal for your wifey.
G'night all.

Hi koki!! And G'night koki!!! Hope you drop by again soon.

Upvote 0
:D

Upvote 0
Morning everyone!
AJ, a friend of mine went from a 3GS to a Note, so the size difference was even that much more. Only took her a few days to get used to it and she loves it (and loves Android too!). I'd still wait for the SGS3 to come out to compare.
Got my Flyer back yesterday (one week turn around from HTC, damn!). Was interesting to see HC on it. I actually prefer GB that it was, but this is fine. Not sure it's going to get a ton of use, but for $99, I'm happy with it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones