• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Can't see the video, but seeing "Summitt", "ESPN", and "Arthur Ashe" I assume this is talking about Pat Summitt. Amazing woman. What she has done for women's basketball is absolutely amazing. Extremely sad to see her suffer and be forced out of what she loves by health reasons. One of the greatest coaches, men's or women's, to ever step foot on a basketball court.

Upvote 0
Oh the hilarity that is going on in that Nexus 7 Gamestop thread. 4 pages of "I called my Gamestop and they said be there to pick it up in the morning"..."I called my Gamestop and they said everything is good to go" ...."I called my Gamestop and they said it was on hold till further notice"...."For all we know the Nexus 7s from Google Play are already in the mail and on their way"...."I called my Gamestop and they too said I could pick up in the morning"....."I called your Gamestop and told them about the Google hold notice e-mail"

LOL

Upvote 0
Good morning and Happy Thursday (happy Friday for me)!!

Anyone have thoughts on this design? Good/bad/suggestions? Not sure how I feel about the smaller text boxes for "Manual Entry" and "Points Allowed" (might change to Daily Points), but just looking for feedback. I just think it looks a bit plain, but I think with the tabs and a bit of formatting in the table, it may look good. Definitely like the redesign so far - just need to get the code behind it working and the tabbed layout.

ifb2i.png

Oh the hilarity that is going on in that Nexus 7 Gamestop thread. 4 pages of "I called my Gamestop and they said be there to pick it up in the morning"..."I called my Gamestop and they said everything is good to go" ...."I called my Gamestop and they said it was on hold till further notice"...."For all we know the Nexus 7s from Google Play are already in the mail and on their way"...."I called my Gamestop and they too said I could pick up in the morning"....."I called your Gamestop and told them about the Google hold notice e-mail"

LOL
Guess we will find out if people are truly picking up N7s this morning at Gamestop or if they got the "hold the press" email telling them not to sell.

Upvote 0
Good morning all, and happy Thursday. One day closer to Friday AND payday! :D

Been busy at work these past few days. Cooler weather is nice, but it's brought storms and the power blinked the other day. It really puts the IT department into a tail-spin when the power blinks for just a second. The critical systems are on UPS but of course the PCs will reboot. And so far, the outage claimed one label printer in the lab, one entire PC (killed it DEAD), and many locked-out user accounts.

I finally finished my FPV heli. There are a few things I need to adjust, such as the wiring for the receiver battery. I put a test hover on it the other day and on the 3rd flight, I noticed a loud noise so I immediately landed. Upon closer inspection, I found that I had mounted an internal component upside-down (the instructions were not clear on this and I found out on several heli-based forums I'm not the only one to do this) and the bearing popped out, resulting in metal-on-metal contact. That little mishap cost me a little over $100 in parts. They are probably fine but I'm paranoid - plus this is an expensive project - so I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Anyway, hope everyone has a great day! And I changed my password too... just in case.

Upvote 0
Good morning all, and happy Thursday. One day closer to Friday AND payday! :D

Been busy at work these past few days. Cooler weather is nice, but it's brought storms and the power blinked the other day. It really puts the IT department into a tail-spin when the power blinks for just a second. The critical systems are on UPS but of course the PCs will reboot. And so far, the outage claimed one label printer in the lab, one entire PC (killed it DEAD), and many locked-out user accounts.

I finally finished my FPV heli. There are a few things I need to adjust, such as the wiring for the receiver battery. I put a test hover on it the other day and on the 3rd flight, I noticed a loud noise so I immediately landed. Upon closer inspection, I found that I had mounted an internal component upside-down (the instructions were not clear on this and I found out on several heli-based forums I'm not the only one to do this) and the bearing popped out, resulting in metal-on-metal contact. That little mishap cost me a little over $100 in parts. They are probably fine but I'm paranoid - plus this is an expensive project - so I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Anyway, hope everyone has a great day! And I changed my password too... just in case.

Yeah, they finally put all our PCs on UPS here at work, so nice, when the power goes out, we don't lose everything we were working on.

Upvote 0
Can't see the video, but seeing "Summitt", "ESPN", and "Arthur Ashe" I assume this is talking about Pat Summitt. Amazing woman. What she has done for women's basketball is absolutely amazing. Extremely sad to see her suffer and be forced out of what she loves by health reasons. One of the greatest coaches, men's or women's, to ever step foot on a basketball court.

If you get a chance to watch it, it will be worth it.

In other news...

How Amazon’s Same-Day Delivery Plan Will Kill Your Local Stores

http://gizmodo.com/5925387/how-amazons-same+day-delivery-plan-will-kill-your-local-stores?utm_campaign=socialflow_gizmodo_facebook&utm_source=gizmodo_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Upvote 0
Same Day delivery? Destroying local retail? Doubt it.

They already charge $30 for Express 2 day shipping. I can't imagine how much same day shipping would cost. Certainly more than a trip to the store... even factoring in the retail markup.

But if anyone can pull it off, Amazon can.

With Amazon Prime, 2 day shipping on elligible Prime items is free and next day is $3.99 :D

Side note on the discussions of the Nexus 7 Gamestop saga. Already people reporting they went to Gamestop this morning and the price in the system had changed to $99,999.99 with a removal of the release date and no other information, lol. System blocked one guy's pre-order info to keep them from figuring out how much he owed from putting a deposit on his pre-order.

Upvote 0
I tell ya, we go from one extreme to the other here in the south. 30+ days of no rain and then all of a sudden we've had about 2 solid days of rain and have a 50% or greater chance of rain the forecast for 7 of the next 10 days. Go from desert type drought with 100+ degree temps to Pacific Northwest type weather of constant rain and highs in the 70's and 80's.

Upvote 0
The wife is pretty stoked about our upcoming trip. We found out they are doing the National Dance Day celebration and Dizzy Feet Foundation Gala via So You Think You Can Dance on one of the days we will be in LA. So we got tickets to the Gala, which will be an event of the likes we may never get to go to again. We also found out they are offering free dance classes of different types the day of the event and some will even be put on by some of the big names in the dance community...think Mary Murphy is even doing a ballroom class. Not really necessarily exciting to me, but my wife loves that type of stuff and is a SYTYCD addict.

We also decided to see Cirque instead of the musical and we're both pretty excited about that.

Upvote 0
I tell ya, we go from one extreme to the other here in the south. 30+ days of no rain and then all of a sudden we've had about 2 solid days of rain and have a 50% or greater chance of rain the forecast for 7 of the next 10 days. Go from desert type drought with 100+ degree temps to Pacific Northwest type weather of constant rain and highs in the 70's and 80's.

Same here! Its pouring here as we speak. :)

I love me some Amazon.com. Prime membership is money well-spent.

Ditto

I've seen Cirque in Vegas and Orlando - both were amazing.

I saw the Orlando one, was awesome.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones