• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S GPS force switch on

I think that is one of the issues with GPS on this machine that I hope the update will solve.
I have the same issue.
If i restart my phone it connects to satellites no problem. If i had my phone on for a while, and then turn on GPS and start Nav it wont connect. ONly a reboot will get GPS to start.

Have not found a workaround.

Upvote 0
Thanks... I didn't think I had a GPS issue... looks like I have the same problem as you groan.

My firmware is showing as 2.1 -update1 and baseband version I9000XXJF3 and kies reports that it is up to date.

I really would prefer not to start upgrading the firmware from sources in the wild, (don't think i'm technically up to it anyway) so can anyone help with stopping and restarting the GPS function without a reboot?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones