• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S Ringtone problem please HElP very annoying

zAck910

Lurker
Nov 6, 2010
I just got this phone and the ringtones for the messages worked fine than it all of a suddent switched to the "cloud" notification for when i get messages and i cant get it off of that, no other notification tone will work they all use the "cloud" ringtone i never have even selected it. so how can i get it to use a different notification or reset it, what did i do wrong i have selected other tones but none stay, i press select than i push "ok" and i get a message and it uses cloud. why? please help me out much appreciated.

Have you installed any third party application that can control ringtones? You can usually tell this by clicking on the options to change notification tone and it will present you with the options for which apps can control those tones.

If it is anything other than the Android System app, you can change it back by going into Settings - Applications - Manage Applications - All then selecting whichever app is controlling the notification tones and selecting clear defaults so the next time you select to change tones you will be presented with the option for android system again

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones