• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy s6 wont boot into recovery mode

reddiot

Lurker
May 25, 2017
I forgot my password and I looked up what to do, many say that a hardreset is the only solution since I use the same pw for all accounts, as my google account and such. Now when trying to hardreset, by going into recovery mode and wiping all data and so on, I cant even get into recovery mode. Download doesnt work eiter. My phone is SM-G920F and all buttons required work (volume; home and power button).
Please help

Thanks in advance!

I have modified many phones, by flashing custom roms/rooting devices exchanging flex cables/batteries and such so Im quite familiar with modifying android devices.
Now for completeness, I try to get into recovery mode by turning off the s6, then holding the volume up, power and home button. I also tried using volume down but nothing works. The "Samsung Galaxy S6" appears and then the "SAMSUNG" logo which is fading into the complete logo, if that makes sense. There's no confirmation that Im trying to boot into the recovery or anything. I have no idea what the problem could be

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones