• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy tab 10.1 or something else?

I think you should go and try them out first at the store and choose from there. I love my tab I was also tempted on the getting the Asus Transformer as well since the Tab just came out where I live and has been delayed twice as well. So I recommend that you go to you nearest electronic store that sells tablets and try them first and make you decision from there. Lastly most tables come in different flavors like 3G or 4G or Wifi and if they are 16 or 32 GB. For example if you get the 16 GB Wifi version it will be cheaper then the 32 GB 4G version

Upvote 0
Benald,

It depends on what features you find most attractive.

If size and sleekness is a high priority to you....none beats the SGT10.1. It may actually be a little thinner than the iPad2, and sacrifices nothing in the performance & display department.

If your okay with a thicker Android tablet, the Asus Transformer sports the same specs (Tegra2 Dual Core 1 Ghz, 1GB of RAM, 1280x800 resolution) and has a micro SD reader.

This is one of the 2 downsides of a SGT10.1 IMO.....it only has 1 propriatary port for I/O devices. You have to get an adapter to hook up USB drives, and other input devices.

The other is no expandable memory. Like the iPad, your locked in with the internal memory on board. With that said, you can always use a USB jump drive for additional file storage if needed.

So while there are more practicle Android tablets out there....nothing comes close to the "sexy" factor as the SGT10.1.

Reactions: SuaveFrog
Upvote 0
I just got my tab today and so far I am enjoying it!

Not only am i new to the Tab, I am also new to Android. I have an ipad but I really wanted to see what Android was all about.

As for how the Tab shapes up to the other Android competition out there, only your personal prefrecnces can answer that question.

Speaking for myself, I read up on the Tab's various reviews and desided it was for me :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones