• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Game necessary policy/rodo/consents

yoyosh

Lurker
Aug 16, 2016
Hi everyone,

I am developing an Android game. Nowadays apps in store must display tons of user consents, regulation information, rodo agreements, etc. This is a difficult topic for a person that is not a lawyer.

Obvious way to accomplish that task is to 'get a lawyer'. Sure that would be great, but this expensive for a startup without any funding. Such lawyer is also not so easy to find.

Therefore my question: Is there any resource on the web that could help in organizing law-related consents?

Thank you in advance for help

Hi everyone,

I am developing an Android game. Nowadays apps in store must display tons of user consents, regulation information, rodo agreements, etc. This is a difficult topic for a person that is not a lawyer.

Obvious way to accomplish that task is to 'get a lawyer'. Sure that would be great, but this expensive for a startup without any funding. Such lawyer is also not so easy to find.

Therefore my question: Is there any resource on the web that could help in organizing law-related consents?

Thank you in advance for help

There are certainly online resources, but they are country and region specific. IANAL myself of course, but if you make your game available in the US and it maybe used by minors, there's COPPA you must comply with. https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/rul...ings/childrens-online-privacy-protection-rule. If your game is available in the EU, there's the GDPR you must comply with. https://gdpr-info.eu/

There's two examples, I'm sure there's plenty more regulations, ordinances, and online resources for other countries you wish to make your game available in.

On the other hand, if your game isn't collecting any user data, not phoning home, not tracking, etc. and isn't connecting to a server on the internet, NO INTERNET PERMISSIONS, etc. you might not have to bother.

Does your game contain anything that are known to cause cancer? Proposition 65.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones