• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Games similar to broken sword?

Thanks :) I do already have SCUMMVM I should've mentioned. So far I am just using it for monkey island games but I have played those before, I haven't played any of the other old lucasarts games, anything in particular you could recommend? I will google as well.

Day of the Tentacle is my all time favorite. It is a sequel to Maniac Mansion. Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis is another great one. Sam and Max Hit the Road works well (there is a driving mini game that is weird on the touch screen). Full Throttle is another great game, but the interface is a little goofy on a touch screen.

Reactions: obsidianwings
Upvote 0
I love Broken Sword - it's my fav point-and-click adventure game. I really liked the puzzles, story and characters, and so I'm always interested in similar games.

Not exactly the same style or gameplay per se, but I really enjoyed playing Enigmatis by Big Fish Games. It's mainly a hidden object game with puzzles and a good story along some nice graphics and sound effects as well - it really took me by surprise, it's really a well-made, little adventure game (3-4 hours + bonus chapter ~ 5 hours). I wasn't what you'd call a great fan of the hidden object game genre before trying this one, but thanks to the great gameplay and engaging story and diverse puzzles - often similar to those found in the Broken Sword franchise - instead of merely looking for hidden objects all the time, I became a fan. Worth trying for free and see if you like it at least. Highly recommended. :)

Upvote 0
Broken Sword 2 - The Smoking Mirror Remastered has been available for the iOS since 2010. Maybe Android will receive a port later after the developer finishes making Broken Sword 5 and porting Broken Sword 3 and 4 to iOS.

Telltale Games make the best adventure games. IMO Walking Dead has really redefined the adventure genre by integrating multiple solutions, dialog trees and moral choices that have been hallmarks of the Western RPG genre. I do not know what took adventure game developers so long to finally figure out that those WRPG features would work well in adventure games. Walking Dead is available for only Windows, Mac and iOS, and Telltale has said they have no intention of making Android games. However, if you love adventure games, you should definitely play their games on the PC.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones