• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root GAOSP Froyo Nightly Builds

I'm experiencing an issue with the new nightly where if the screen turns off while in camera mode, or gallery i'm noticing. the phone will lock up and i'll need to pop the battery out and reboot to get it back. will not respond to the power or lock buttons. This happens 90+% of the time for me. has anyone else encountered this?

Aside from that, i'm loving the newest build. Finally have a working marketplace without workarounds!! Thanks to drakaz for all the hard work.

Upvote 0
Lets try ..... nope, mine works fine, both in camera and gallery.
I also love the marketplace that works smooth without freezing the phone.
Wow just tried something, i quickly selected 6 apps from market and selected Install, they all installed by themselves, no force closes, no downloads failed etc. Awesome!
PS: Just one issue, why dont i see the other already installed apps in the Market Downloads tab?

Upvote 0
for applications not coming in downloads list in market I have a solution which works for me. you ppl may give it a try. I usually keep the back up apk files. when I install new android then before logging 'into my Google account I install all back ups using built-in file manager then log into market. all the applications I have installed are there in the list.

Upvote 0
The fix is to steal a "cap" or a "cork" from a friend with nokia e63 :D They have the jack covered with a little cap and it owuld fit perfectly. Stupid me had a nokia e63 before the samsung, if i only knew, i wouldve sold that phone without that cap.
Guys i get the "There was a problem whle playing" error on youtube, anybody else gets this? Its really annoying. I have youtube 2.0.x.x something I use wifi, no data 3g.

Upvote 0
Hey everyone. I'm new to all this, and i hate making amateur questions, but here comes one: Where do i get these Nightly builds? I've managed to find just an old one (i think it was from July or something like that). Couldn't find it on Drakaz's site neither.
A link anyone?
Thanx, will try not to bother again (well, at least until i'll fail flashing it:) )

Upvote 0
Any ideeas in how to change the baseband? Couldnt find anything :| I`m running JB2 appearantly, and i want JC6. I have all the files i need, i just dont know how to use them.
What do i do with the samsung.tar?

You should read that guide, although it shows you how to change everything BUT the baseband. It's pretty simple though, check it out and you should understand. Only put the phone part in. Also the .tar file is an archive, you can open it to see what's inside.

Hey everyone. I'm new to all this, and i hate making amateur questions, but here comes one: Where do i get these Nightly builds? I've managed to find just an old one (i think it was from July or something like that). Couldn't find it on Drakaz's site neither.
A link anyone?
Thanx, will try not to bother again (well, at least until i'll fail flashing it:) )

The link to the latest nightly can be found right here. ;)

Upvote 0
I'm also having JB2 baseband.
Just wondering why do you wish to switch basebands? Any particular reason? :thinking:
I'm just curious. :p

I thought in my short time on this forum, that everyone is on JC6 and that is the best and awesome baseband. You have JB2 too, Chronic on drakaz forum has it too, with no problems, so i guess i wont bother changing it. The main reason was that , when you check battery usage in the ABout PHone settings tab, and click on the standby time, you will see a indicator saying XX% off signal, i thought i`m having signal troubles. Also sometime my signal lines fluctuate. And also on some reboots i get the no coverage notification, altough i`m conected and i can make calls. And also today 3 phone calls stopped in the middle of the conversation, but that might be my cheek touching the BIG ASS RED END CALL BUTTON located exactly in the middle of the call screen , when the sensor lags.

Well there's your answer, thanks DaS.

Upvote 0
You changed without wiping? or losing nandroids? Me want too...Tell me if you see a difference tomorow. If you did it without wiping tell me how in short on PM, if not dont bother since i`m too lazy to flash again.:D

I upgraded from the 0929 to the latest without wiping. Regarding the screen orientation, I did find the setting in Cyanogen/User Interface. I uncheck and re-check the box and the same thing. The screen will rotate in browser, gallery, etc., just not the home screen. I wonder if its because I didn't wipe. Now that said, if that's the only anomally, I am doing well.

PS: I have had the same market issues as others, but I think it has to do with the market update, not the nightlys. I had the same problem with the 0929. One day I have only two apps show up in the download list, next day none. Now if I download something or get TiBackup to self check for updates ( and it usually finds one because it changes alot ) everything will appear in the download list again.

Upvote 0
Well i restarted the device and now i have JC6, build FRG83. Its fine with me. I took the baseband from those links in the guide on drakaz forum. Tho System Panel app still shows unknown at the band section.
Lel, try AndroZip, its a nice file manager, and it also have a app manager where u can backup and uninstall every app, just like in titanium, and also a task manager.
Also try UC Browser, you might like it, i do, i made it default. Its free on their website, maybe in market also.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones