• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root "get vvm working for aosp ect"

No, it's not working. Left myself a voicemail and it never showed up in VVM. I did get the text from 9016 that I had a voicemail though.

It's working for me i'm running team dirt I can see and hear the voice mails Screenshot_2013-01-03-14-22-16.png111.png

Upvote 0
I have several copies of different versions of VVM that I have found over the last few months trying to fix that blasted vm notification icon that wouldn't go away. I've pulled every VVM apk from just about every Evo V ROM that has popped up.

I will start testing with what I have to see what works. I'm on Pacman ROM right now and I've been sorting out the mms and wifi tether issues so I haven't even tried my VVM to see if it was working properly. I don't know how much help I'll actually be...but we'll see.

Reactions: wigginst
Upvote 0
Seems like it should work on pacman then but hasn't for me yet.
It does say AOKP on the page where the download is located and CM and AOKP are different branches of AOSP source, so there might be some hooks available in AOKP that don't exist in CM10. I know it mentions CM9 as well, but a lot of things have changed between CM9 and CM10, and maybe not as much between the ICS and JB versions of AOKP.

That's purely a guess, since I'm not sure what hooks VVM would need. ;)

ramjet73

Upvote 0
I can't seem to get this to work. I'm using Gangnam Style CM from xda and the MMS fix zip from the thread here. The app will say it's provisioned correctly and subscribe to the free trial for transcribing. For some reason the trial ended after 6 minutes. The app got the voicemail for that. I sent trial voicemails and none of them went through, but I did get the text messages saying there was a new message.

Upvote 0
I can't seem to get this to work. I'm using Gangnam Style CM from xda and the MMS fix zip from the thread here. The app will say it's provisioned correctly and subscribe to the free trial for transcribing. For some reason the trial ended after 6 minutes. The app got the voicemail for that. I sent trial voicemails and none of them went through, but I did get the text messages saying there was a new message.

Same problem for me using the PACMAN rom.

Upvote 0
Same problem for me using the PACMAN rom.

Yeah, same here on Pacman. I've tried several different versions of VVM, both the Sprint and Virgin Mobile ones that I've pulled from different ROMs. I even looked at JB ROMs from other Virgin Mobile phones to see if they had VVM apks that could be pulled. Either none of them have VVM like the Evo V does, or it's in a different location other than system/app.

I'm just pulling at straws here.

Upvote 0
I think its a good sign that it actually receives messages. Also I was never able to compose messages in past attempts on cm10

Update* found directions to send a message to 'activate@vvm.sprint.com'. Shortly after I get a text from usual 9016 that says "provisioning successful". Looks like the same problem as MMS, that is we can send but not receive:p

Upvote 0
I need help. I am on HTCCM10 go60s rom. I downloaded and installed this because I had no voicemail notification. Now, when I call from a different phone, it doesn't even ring now. When I open the voice mail app, it says verifying your account, and then it keeps saying error, that it timed out. Can anyone please help with this??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones