• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Getting Eris Tomorrow :)

torr8966

Lurker
Jun 12, 2010
Hello!!

This is my first post! I'm very excited to say that i'm getting my new eris tomorrow!! I can't wait!! This is my first smartphone and i'm really looking forward to it. After many days on the interent doing a ton of research, I decided that the Eris is the phone for me.

I have a few question and would love suggestions, since i'm a newbie!! I ordered my phone from verizon, will it come with the new 2.1? If not I've heard tons of horror stories about 2.1 should I keep the 1.5? If I want to download 2.1 how do i do it? Do i need to do a factory reset afterwards? What are some must have apps? I love the idea of so many apps and being able to personalize my phone. Thanks in advance. I really do appreciate any help or tips!!

Thanks again!!
Adrian

I just got mine last week. All the links above helped me a ton. And yes it came with 2.1 installed. And its great. its fast, and i have not ran into any of the problems that have been going around. I also did not have to do any resets.

just be sure to maximize your battery life, and thats about all i needed to do. Everyone here was very helpful.

Upvote 0
Got mine on Friday and the people here have helped me out a lot! (they continue to do so). The community in here is awesome even for new people (an internet rarity).

Mine came with 1.5 and it updated its self in about 12 minuets. No problems at all. My only complaint at all is the MP3 store turning its self on all the time.
Go to that Must have Apps thread and you will be well on your way!
Good luck

Upvote 0
i'm getting my new eris tomorrow!!

That's great, Adrian; you're getting one of the best devices out there.

The above posts and links should give you a great head start on getting to know the Eris.

One thing you will likely notice is that the battery life will seem quite short in the first few days of use.

I just wanted you to know that it improves with charging cycles; merely keep using and recharging, plus do the maintenance regimens pointed out in the "everything you need to know" link posted earlier. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones