• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help GHOST IN MY PHONE! HELP? 911? first post

cohencapture

Jan 7, 2011
First post guys PLEASE help?? So i waited a long time to finally get a droid/ flip flopping between every model possible converting from a 4 year long crackberry user...

to the point:

Since last week my virtually new phone has been acting VERY VERY strange and i am VERY VERY frustrated
:thinking::mad:
symptoms:
1. the touch screen often will not respond. and often the home keys are unresponsive too! and i have to click the shutter on and off and/or slide the keyboard and use the arrows to do things

2. alot of the time the phone HAS A GHOST IN IT! it will... click itself... im serious often when i try to log in it will mess up my pattern and click things i didnt even click!!! i believe my other problems stem from this... because the droid is selecting things without me telling it to... opening apps and impeding me!

3. Texting: when trying to send a text... i often have to wade through a barrage of contact -and then sms and then contact and send text because it keeps clicking other things... its horrible

i paid 500$ for this phone and like $50 a month! I NEED this to work!
PLEASE HELP... i'm up at school right now and i need my droid and dont have access to go back to the vzn store!

Sincerely, CohenCapture

i'd also like to add that while on vacation my friend accidentally switched my charger with his from his blackberry curve... they fit the same and this dummy took my droid charger... i believe maybe this is the issue? but i've been borrowing my friends droid charger... but i'm not sure if i did it right..
i tried pulling out the battery and uninstalling some apps. i tried restarting it and holding ctrl alt delete multiple times...
HELP?

Upvote 0
so i used verizon backup manager... and then i did a hard reset on my phone... it seemed to work but a problem is still persiting!

when i am texting somebody, often times it will bring up their contact... and then like a quick text.. its very annoying and happens randomly has anybody else had this ish?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones