• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gift: Template for Maximum Text (New File)

Lane Lester

Feb 15, 2017
My wife prefers to read articles on paper rather than the screen. When I find something I want to share with her, I copy and print it. I've developed a template that is readable but saves paper, and here I've attached a modified version for you.

Properties of MaxText.docx:
Title: Roboto 16 pt, 16 pt spacing
Text: Cambria 14 pt, 14 pt spacing, 0.09 inch below paragraphs
Page: Letter, 8.5x11 inch, 0.5 inch margins, two columns, 0.1 inch between columns

WPS Office Suite does not suppoort spacing between paragraphs, so I created an initial version of the template in AndrOpen Office, which does provide it.

For the line spacing in the MaxText template I uploaded to work, you may have to click Spacing/Exact. That will change the setting from inches to points.

If you are going to print an article with a blank line between each paragraph, you first need to get rid of the blank lines. I recommend the OldSchool Editor app, the only editor I've found which lets you Search for blank lines with "\n\n" (two linefeeds) and Replace All with "\n" (one linefeed). Note the Extended checkbox when you enter the linefeed characters. Even if you don't need to get rid of blanck lines, it's a good idea to first paste a Web article in a text editor to get rid of the formatting.

I hope I've thought of everything.

Lane

Attachments

• MaxText.zip
    8.4 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones