1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

GII sound, can it be better?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by systemofadown, Dec 18, 2012.

1. systemofadown

systemofadown Android Enthusiast

Guy's the notifications sound pretty bad on my phone, I see tons of apps - anyone recommended me a really good one (that's not so much access to call logs & the like :) ) to clean up the sound? Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

What is wrong with them, or do you just want different ones? a ringtone maker from Google's market can help you make different sounds.

3. systemofadown

kinda hard to explain, I set a tone for say yahoo mail - I get an email - phone notifies me with a God Awful pa-Ding!! when, say its set to cloud (that's one of the notification choices). pa Ding!! = close as I can come to the awful noise on a keyboard ;) just want something that works to round out the sounds a bit that has a minimum of spying on calls texts & the like involved.. bit of a tall order actually lol

4. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

hmm I use k9 for my email and can set tones to play inside the app. I disabled the stock email and gmail app. If you have ES file explorer you could use it to specify a different sound other than the default ones that come with the phone. the sounds sound fine on mine. I used to have sonar ping sound I used on my prevail.

5. systemofadown

I think it's the speaker, but I like the es file explorer idea :).

6. FLAWLESSVW

FLAWLESSVW Well-Known Member

Well I'm pretty sure the automated system just gave me my MSL. I called 611, confirmed my phone# with 1, then into technical support with 4. I don't remember every menu choice after that, but I chose options saying I need to do a full reset. I had to enter my pin, it told me to go to the home screen and enter #(then the six digit code they told me, which I'm assuming is my MSL??? If so, that was relatively painless.

My bad, totally posted this on the wrong thread the other day and just noticed it! Must have been 3am with too many tabs open as usual!

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews