• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gingerbread Update

matt88si

Android Enthusiast
Aug 24, 2011
Downers Grove, IL
Hey guys, it's me again with yet another problem.

So I'm attempting to install the new Gingerbread update to my Mesmerize. However, after following the steps from USCC's website on how to update, I'm stuck at the part where I have to connect the phone to the PC to start the flashing.

Yes, the cables are connected.

I'm sitting here waiting for this thing to find the phone and it still hasn't even after 10 minutes.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

The phone is on, set to Samsung Kies, and is sitting in front of me connected to my PC.

Help, please?

EDIT

Turns out I didnt have the driver installed. xD

You may delete this!

Yeah I thought I was going crazy. The darn updater would NOT connect to my phone. Then I thought... Well, what if it didn't install the Kies driver? It did install the mass storage, but...

So I went to the one and only Google and searched for I500 Galaxy S drivers. Found it, downloaded, installed, worked.

I love, love, LOVE Android 2.3. Gingerbread is so sleek and sexy. Now to just tune it up and give it some custom love.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones