• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Gingerbreak not working on droidx??

Upvote 0
why cant you sbf droid? every pc can sbf, rsd lite is one way, and the linux cd/usb method is the other
your pc can sbf, because your pc is built off linux, so therefore it will work.

the answers to your questions have been posted numerous times, it has also been posted around here multiple times that gb cannot be rooted, you have to sbf to get rooted gb.

Reactions: DroidDiord
Upvote 0
sryy about that the thing NONE OF THOESE WORK!!! and I CAN NOT SBF ON MY COMPUTER! IT WILL AND DOES NOT WORK!

I'm sorry to hear that, but your inability to SBF does not conjure up another way to root your phone.

The ONLY way to gain root on your device is to SBF to FroYo and upgrade with the pre-rooted .zip file. That's it. There's no other way. We can help troubleshoot the reason that you can't SBF but ignoring past recommendations isn't going to help - no new recommendations are going to appear just because you didn't like the past ones.

Upvote 0
i just remember droid, why you cannot sbf, you need to call your cousin (i think) and have him remove that bios program that prevents you from installing anything, its going to cause more problems for you regardless, get antivirus protection for your pc from the younger members of your family using the pc.

Viper (i use and works perfectly)
Kaspersky (the best out there IMO)
The Shield Deluxe (Built off kaspersky)
ESET Nod (pretty good as well)

you need something protecting your pc anyway
and have your cousin remove that program.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones