• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gizmodo asks the Question of the Day: iPhone 4 or HTC EVO

Upvote 0
Now how long will it be before everyone in here goes "OMG THAT'S JUST WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO THINK/THEY EDITED THE POLL/THEY WERE SCARED OF WHAT WE'D DO" etc.

I think it'd be a lot nicer for people to actually apologize and understand that they overreacted. But who am I kidding, this is the internet.

Thing is, they say it's because it's not a fair comparison to pit unreleased phone versus released phone, so they deleted it. Ummm, they've also done this in the past... How many times have you seen an up-and-coming phone pitted against the iPhone on engadget? Droid? Hero? Pre?

Upvote 0
Thing is, they say it's because it's not a fair comparison to pit unreleased phone versus released phone, so they deleted it. Ummm, they've also done this in the past... How many times have you seen an up-and-coming phone pitted against the iPhone on engadget? Droid? Hero? Pre?

Before they reviewed it? I don't recall ever. Do keep in mind they review things before release.

Upvote 0
Why cant most iphone junkies cant stand any kind of competition? They always find ways to talk there way out and bad mouth anything that gives iphone any competition.

They are just insane. Every phone has its pros and cons. No perfect phone, what is good for you might be not good for someone else. But these iphone junkies try to shove there iphone down everyone's throat. I enjoy the freedom of Android, but thats me personally. I have a friend who became a iphone junkie and always tries to say it is the best phone nothing beats it. I call him " iphone vader " , I tell him use Android and enjoy the freedom.

Upvote 0
They only apologized because they knew they were caught. and while I can't prove it, those werent the poll numbers that showed right before it was pulled. The Evo was neck and neck at that point, now its mysteriously trailing.

Hey look, it only took 5 posts before the conspiracy theorists came out of the woodwork. They weren't neck and neck when it was pulled.

Upvote 0
Im getting the iPhone 4, but the only reason that is, is because evo wont be in canada.

At the risk of threadjacking, I'm in the same boat, and I was leaning toward the Desire, which should hit Telus sometime next month or August if the rumours are right. What's the EVO got over the Desire except for screen size, front camera, and HDMI out? Personally, none of these things are items I'd miss.

Just curious...

Upvote 0
Well apple invinted video chat and push technology apparantly BWAHAHAHAHAHAH they also invented the internet and fire :p

Can someone please tell Steve Jobs that our EVO's already have a front facing camera and video chat. Not only on wi-fi but on 3g and 4g as well. Also can skype to a pc. So how can he claim to be the first to bring such a feature to us and it is the best experience out there?

I can video call from anywhere! Sorry iphone users, you need to be in your house to use your wi-fi, or at a starbucks or something...lol

Might as well just use your computer if you need wi-fi and you are home.....On top of it, you need to make sure your friend owns an iPhone 4. On top of that you need to call them and make sure they can be somwhere that has wi-fi.

Explain to me how this is innovative again???

I also love how they claim it is bringing this great feature of multi-tasking to the game. Give me a break. I was multi-tasking like 10 years ago on my first WM device I owned. They aren't brining anything new here but they market like it is another innovation from Apple. What it is is something that should have been released on the first iPhone as it is pretty much a standard on these types of devices.

They do a good job of making people believe they need this thing and everything it does is only done on an iPhone and no other device.

Unfortunately, most people do not believe in educating themselves and when someone else takes the time to educate them based on there own opinion, and obviously financial vested interest, people just believe he is telling the truth. And that is exactly what the iPhone is for. People who don't know better and can't think outside the box! Which we all know is the majority of people in this country......

For everyone else there is the EVO :) I like to think of it as being truly innovative!

Upvote 0
The more amazing thing is that the EVO, which is Sprint only, but here is the important factor....is Android when there are how many Android phones out there?iPhone 4 doesnt have any competition within its own System....infact its how Apple suckers there customers by saying OS 4 is good for all iPhones, BUT you will be missing features that will be in iPhone 4. Im curious as to what the iPhone 4's numbers sold will be WITHOUT customer upgrades. Its a sucker trap by both Apple and AT&T....leave features only for the 4, so customers have to upgrade and renew contract.I want to see the numbers between EVO and iPhone, where its only new customers for the iPhone 4.....sure it might sound like a handicap but its not.The EVO is already handicapped in the fact that Android is on almost every network...funny how some of the comments though did state, if EVO was on their specific network they would get it, compared to whatever Android handset they have now.

Upvote 0
Well I am no fanboy of anything. I am open to all OS and have to date run all of them in some form or fashion. I agree if you have the cash to spend XBOX and APPLE have great ways to sap money from you. Other folks who are tech saavy prefer to encode movies they already bought and stream to the Xbox or use them on the Evo. So really Android may just appeal to a different audience. The other day I had two convos with two customers at the sprint store. I told one of the guys to try the iphone based on his needs and the other to try the Evo. There is no one size fits all with either phone honestly.

With the EVO, their are no places to download movies without having to go through a bunch or conversion and stuff.

The EVO is an amazing device, but it pisses me off all the people on here who are hypocrits and are calling all iPhone people fanboys, when they are hanging from android nuts.[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0
the iphone has been out for a few years now. its matured...

the android OS has only been out really 2 good years... THAT alone is unfair comparison betwixt the two platforms...

Android OS is maturing much faster in shorter time than the iphone did in its first two years... (thanks to Open source on the Android while Apple dictated what and how they wanted to do things.. that was fine but now people want their input in mobile phone OS'es)

so two years in and the Android OS is gaining ground on the iphone... the Android OS has already knocked out my beloved windows mobile platform (which has been out for years upon years... longer than Apples Iphone)....

if the Android OS keeps this up.. there will be only two players left... Android and Apple.. RIM is losing ground.. they lost 2% market share this past Q....

Upvote 0
the iphone has been out for a few years now. its matured...

the android OS has only been out really 2 good years... THAT alone is unfair comparison betwixt the two platforms...

Android OS is maturing much faster in shorter time than the iphone did in its first two years... (thanks to Open source on the Android while Apple dictated what and how they wanted to do things.. that was fine but now people want their input in mobile phone OS'es)

so two years in and the Android OS is gaining ground on the iphone... the Android OS has already knocked out my beloved windows mobile platform (which has been out for years upon years... longer than Apples Iphone)....

if the Android OS keeps this up.. there will be only two players left... Android and Apple.. RIM is losing ground.. they lost 2% market share this past Q....

Actually I say Engadget should do a fair poll...AFTER EVO gets 2.2. Then compare the iPhone 4 to the EVO w/ 2.2.

The speed boost + FLASH, there is no way that even Engadget could say that the EVO wont edge the iPhone 4 out.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones