• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gmail accounts

DonB

♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™
Nov 30, 2009
18th Hole Of the Golf Course
Anyone know if I have 2 Gmail accounts set up in my Hero and I delete one of them, will that take all the contacts from the deleted account off my phone, I assume yes but want to make sure, as I have too many contacts and do not want those in my phone, I will set it up again once I delete and make sure next time I do not have it sync with my contacts, if anyone knows before I delete the account, I know I can always and see, but if it is a moot point then I will leave it

Bump, well no responses so I just deleted the account and will check in the morning if all the contacts from that account are gone, if not I will have to remove the main account and then delete all the phone contacts then set the main Gmail account up again and that should do the trick :cool:

Upvote 0
OK maybe someone knows this answer, I have both accounts back on my phone, what I did is set the other account up with the Gold Email Icon, which uses a different process, now I have a shortcut Icon, I have all the settings for notification set up, but it does not notify at all, if I click on the icon it shows my new email, just does not notify me of new emails, I have tried putting it in the app drawer for LP still no go, I have also tried download unread Gmail count, but won't work with the way that account is set up. Any suggestion any one ??

And of course I am on AOSP V 0.9.7

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones