• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gmail/Play crashing all the time

JasonVideo

Lurker
Jul 31, 2012
I searched and didn't see anything that seemed helpful so I'll post and see what the experts think.

The other day I started getting the "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped" error on my GNex. Now everytime I try to open Gmail or the Play store they crash immediately. Is this a known issue? Any idea what I should do to fix this issue? :thinking:

Thanks,

Jason

Verizon GNex
Stock Android 4.1.1
Build JR0030
Baseband 1515.09 VFF02/1515.FG02
Kernal 3.0.31-g396c4df

hmm, that is weird, have you tried reinstalling Gmail?

Otherwise you could always perform a battery reboot, by removing the battery, reinserting then restarting the device. This sometimes can solve minor bugs like this.

Lastly, there is always the option of a factory reset, it will erase all of your data, but it will more than likely solve this issue.

Reactions: JasonVideo
Upvote 0
hmm, that is weird, have you tried reinstalling Gmail?

Otherwise you could always perform a battery reboot, by removing the battery, reinserting then restarting the device. This sometimes can solve minor bugs like this.

Lastly, there is always the option of a factory reset, it will erase all of your data, but it will more than likely solve this issue.

Yes, uninstalled gmail and play. I will try the battery reboot now. Factory reset would be great, but when I was trying to off-load my photos and video the gallery crashed when scrolling through and it won't even come up on Windows explorer. Sure does sound like I need a fresh install of Android huh?

Thanks,

Jason

Update: battery reboot finished. Got the "gapps" error as soon as it was up. Gmail still crashing. Play crashing also. Need to get my phots and video off then factory reset I guess. sigh.:eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones