• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help gmail settings after froyo

Gone for me too. I'm also getting issues now (I'm using gmail to forward to my pop address), where my email is being deleted from my phone as soon as I read it in outlook (on my POP no less). Never used to do that before, and doesn't stop regardless of settings in outlook and on phone to leave messages on server.

Upvote 0
The issue im having is that my gmail is not updating.

I have background data on, auto-sync is on, and juicedefender is turning data on every 1/15

it worked perfect before froyo, now all of a sudden its not automatically updating my inbox until i go in and hit "Refresh"

Anyone else?

Upvote 0
After upgrading to Froyo I can't seem to find the gmail settings anymore. I want to change the sync interval or w/e because every time I open the gmail app I get that "Loading conversations..."

Anyone know where to find it or is it gone in Froyo?

Mine says loading conversations too sometimes. It also will go to my last email instead of my inbox.

Upvote 0
From account main page (inbox or whatever) in the Gmail App...

Menu -> More -> Settings -> Labels -> Number of days to sync -> [Specify days you want the account to sync. Can also have different sync settings for different labels - inbox, sent etc.]

of course! [Took some hunting and found this while searching for the solution so thought would post having found it]

At least that is how it is on Telstra HTC Desire (Australian) with Gmail App version 2.3 running on Telstra Froyo...

After upgrading to Froyo I can't seem to find the gmail settings anymore. I want to change the sync interval or w/e because every time I open the gmail app I get that "Loading conversations..."

Anyone know where to find it or is it gone in Froyo?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones