• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gmail sync options

excav8ter

Android Enthusiast
Mar 14, 2010
Hey all.... is there still an option to change the "refresh" rate for Gmail? I believe there is, or used to be an option to set how frequently Gmail would update. I am not getting my Gmail as quickly as i used to, but i don't remember ever changing it.
If someone could point me in the right direction, that would be great.

Thanks.

There isn't one, you either sync or not, as soon as you get a mail the app should automatically retrieve it. That's how it works for me, its immediate.

Thank you. My app is very slow for some reason. For instance, i received an email at 8:40am today, but it was sent at 2:43pm yesterday. I remember that there used to be a setting that would control the frequency that Gmail would sync. But maybe that's been removed.

Upvote 0
FWIW I think Google is having some random issues lately. Every now and again my Gmail is slow to arrive and my Google Voice voicemail sometimes takes a loooong time to arrive. It's not consistently bad, just sporadic, but annoying.

edit: I don't have your same phone but don't think it's phone thing

Reactions: excav8ter
Upvote 0
It used to be, you could go into Gmail>menu>more>settings>send&recieve>set download frequency but I see that option is now removed.

I do know that when you set up an account initially, it defaults to 15 minutes, but I don't see a way to get back to that setting once it's set up.

I used to use MailDroid. I might try reinstalling it but I've been using just the GMail app for all my email lately. Also, I don't have GMail set up to automatically sync. I refresh the email myself, but then, I don't depend on my email for business or important things that require me to me notified when new emails come in, but I can understand how this would be frustrating for those that do depend on it. Hopefully, a solution can be found or it's deeply hidden somewhere and someone knows how to get to it.

Reactions: excav8ter
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones