• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gmail

T

tomhill_007

Hello,

This is not solely an Android question but I thought I'd ask because I can't find the answer anywhere.

Is there a way to stop notifications for specific emails, for example I want to keep email notifications on, however I do not want Facebook emails to come through. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Filtering your email settings from Facebook will be your best bet. Create a filter to re-direct incoming Facebook messages and make sure to uncheck the "go to unread folder" option in the settings. All incoming email from Facebook will go to the filter and you won't be notified of it.

Jeff featured an article on this in January. Refer to it here to see a detailed step by step process to use filtering: Too Many E-Mails On Your Android? GMail Alias & Filtering Are Your Friends [TIPS & TRICKS]

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones