• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Calendar Subscribe Issue

springy

Android Enthusiast
Oct 31, 2010
Hi, this is a weird problem

In google calendar, I have subscribed to "Contacts' birthdays and events" and then it automatically appeared on my Android phone.

But then I noticed some of my friends birthdays were not updating, even though on google calendar I could see it. So scenario is that some of my friends birthday was on the calendar and some were not. I manually sync up but it still didn't work. I look at the people app to see if the birthday was added and they were.

On the HTC calendar, I try removing the calendar and adding it back on (Menu -> Calendars) but it didn't work.

In Google Calendar, I removed the "Contacts' birthdays and events" and add it back on (in between re-syncing my phone), and now I have no brithdays in my calendar at all. Again I checked the phone calendar to make sure the calendar was selected.

Are anyone having this issue. I am not sure if it is a google bug or a HTC. I think it is a google bug.

Edit:
Looks like a google bug???
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=1211

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones