1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Google Chrome

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by myshkin, Aug 23, 2012.

1. myshkin

myshkin Android Enthusiast

So the play store says the Google Chrome Browser is not compatible with our device. Hmmm, it seems to be working fine so far for me. Of course I should have kept my mouth shut, I probably just jinxed it by saying it was working fine.

2. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles

Is your phone on android 4.0 or above? Chrome only works on ICS+ devices.

(Sorry if this is a stupid question, I don't know if there are any ICS/JB ROMs for this device or not)

Rxpert83 likes this.
  3. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

This is correct. You must be on ICS or later.

What device do uoy have?

4. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles

Oops, I accidentally moved this thread when moving a different one so it's now in the correct area. And the device question is answered. ;)

Sorry, it should all be sorted.

5. ShinySide

ShinySide Extreme Android User

Hi Anna!

Google Chrome is for ICS or above. Unfortunately doesn't work on Gingerbread. If you got it to even install chances are you downloaded a "hacked" version which actually isn't really Google Chrome. The ones floating around are Miren browser themed to look like Google Chrome.

I jump from Browser to browser a lot looking for the best fastest one, and have found the new Dolphin Beta that's on the market as probably the best browser I've used so far. I would link you but I'm on my phone at the moment :( but you should check it out. It's full name on the Market is Dolphin Browser Beta :)

agentc13 likes this.
  6. yo yo yoags

yo yo yoags Newbie

7. glo1234567

glo1234567 Newbie

I downloaded google chrome and it works perfactly fine for me...

and i have the connect non rooted.

nvm its a fake lol

8. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Fake chrome? Report that

9. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Extreme Android User

Rxpert by fake he means the miren browser themed to be like chrome

10. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS

Well I'm not sure if this a replica Google Chrome but it does look like the original it works for the esteem and the connect

Put in sys / apps and reboot;)
    Google Chrome. Apk

11. glo1234567

glo1234567 Newbie

yea but in the about section it shows say chrome 14.1 build 155 copyright 2012 google...
    is it Fake or real

12. StarScream2109

Can you send it to me i wanna take a look at it

13. pcgamer

pcgamer Android Enthusiast

Miren browser, the real chrome is like 34 mb file

14. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS

Oh k this is a screen shot of it about Chrome

[​IMG]

15. pcgamer

pcgamer Android Enthusiast

Yeah, I know. I downloaded just to make sure it was. And yeah, it is.

16. myshkin

myshkin Android Enthusiast

Oh, I got it off a friend's phone, I knew it was an older version. She is so careless, she refuses to do any clean up or remove bloatware, even though someone rooted it for her. She has no room to even update any apps. She is as about as clueless as a box of hair when it comes to anything, "geeky" as she calls it. So when I was talking to the guide, he put suspicions in my mind. Seriously this girl wouldn't have a clue how to go elsewhere to get any kind of app, so I didn't question it..... at first. So then I extracted the apk & not only was it really the Miren browser, but there were files in it that ended with json. I swear that I had an app not too long ago, but I can't remember which one & it saved files with that json. It was some kind of root tool app I think. Anyway, upon more digging into it, I found a bunch of Chinese lettering & I saw a lot of the website listed, oh crap, UM baindo, I think. I would have to go look at my messages to check for sure, but I googled it & it's a Chinese website. Then it gets funkier, I noticed a page that looked like it was in Spanish & English both, so I took a screen shot & ran it through Google goggles & it was Portuguese! So we have English, Chinese & Portuguese. Y'all know I rarely make any kind of app recommendations. I just never thought to question her because she really is clueless. I haven't been able to get a hold of her today, but when I do I'm going to ask why the hell she let someone else jack with her phone & she won't even let me clean it up. "that's how files get lost" I'm sorry, I feel like such a boob. I'm just sticking with the "I've had brain surgery, you know" excuse. Lol

Anna

StarScream2109 likes this.
  17. old_member

old_member Guest

Google Chrome works on gingerbread usually when a device is on a custom Kernal , I tried it and it worked once , I like chrome but it doesn't work flawless on a Gingerbread device :I

-Mike from Verizon Wireless at Peabody , MA
    "Verizon is the true #1 carrier of the USA covering 98% of Americans , Introducing the new SHAREverything plan , See online for more details , Only at Select Stores"

18. ShinySide

No it doesn't. Kernel hasn't anything to do with it. The OS does. Chrome depends on APIs that are not found in Gingerbread. There is a lot of fakes tho. So if you saw chrome on a 2. X. X device it was fake themed browser. I can make the stock metro browser look like and display that it's chrome in 15 minutes ;)

Rxpert83 likes this.
  19. HereticSins

HereticSins Android Expert

^^^^.
    Chrome will NOT work on GB.

Rxpert83 likes this.
  20. absolutky

absolutky Newbie

In running 2.3.6 rooted with B.O. Chrome works great for me no issues so far

21. StarScream2109

The chrome you are using is again a fake (themed miren browser) the real chrome is solely for ICS (4.0.X)

Rxpert83 likes this.
  22. yahhboy

yahhboy Android Expert

No it's not! You just have to believe, believe and anything can come true :rolleyes:

23. Shatterproof

Shatterproof Android Enthusiast

Reminds me of the movie "Shallow Hal" where he tells his boy tht he ruined it for him. To him it was real and he had the super model girl but everyone else seen the real deal and she was huge!! Well... this person seen tht he was using chrome and it really was to him and he was really happy, but we all knew the truth and now we ruined it for him by telling him the facts lmao!!

24. jmwinf146

jmwinf146 Well-Known Member

Yeah... Lmfao...

25. ShinySide

If you have "Chrome" installed and running on your phone that is NOT running Android version 4.X.X you have a FAKE. There's a reason you didn't download and install it from the market.

Google Chrome will NOT even INSTALL on anything below Android 4.X.X let alone work on anything below Android 4.x.x

myshkin and Rxpert83 like this.

LG Connect 4G Forum

The LG Connect 4G release date was February 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

February 2012
Release Date
Reviews