1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Google Latitude auto checkin

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Deleted User, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest
    None
    Has anyone got this to work? I enabled it on my work address, but it never seems to check me in automatically. Am I missing something? Do I have to be using the GPS instead of network location?

Advertisement

2. Copleo

None

Jan 4, 2011
    Sodom & Gomorra
    Have you even tried that?

3. marco_ask

marco_ask Lurker
    None

Feb 15, 2011
    I went to lunch near my work place. Now I'm back to work, but Latitude still marks that I am in place of lunch (it is very near, automatic check-out can't works). How do I check out?

4. Teknologic

Teknologic Android Expert
    None

Mar 23, 2010
    Male
    Belgium
    More importantly, how do you check in? I work irregular hours on variable days so I just want to automatically checkin and out of a place so I can check later how long I've been there exactly? Does latitude even do that? I've never known it to check in or out of anything! :p

Edit: never mind, I didn't get the latest maps update when it came out, because it only updated latitude and I never used it :p
    As for your problem, it seems to be related to location inaccuracy. Try to get a decent gps fix so your exact location can be determined :)

5. marco_ask

marco_ask Lurker
    None

Feb 15, 2011
    I activated the notification on the possible check-in, and then enabled the automatic check-in for places I frequent often. The only statistics that can be found are at Google / latitude.

My question remains on how to chekout ... My work place does not exist in G Maps, so I can't cancel previous check-in via a new check-in

Thanks in advance

6. Teknologic

Teknologic Android Expert
    None

Mar 23, 2010
    Male
    Belgium
    If your work place doesn't appear on g maps, may I ask how you checked in in the first place?
    I came across that problem today..

7. marco_ask

marco_ask Lurker
    None

Feb 15, 2011
    The workplace is not on google maps. I do not check in the morning. The place where I went to lunch there is. I checked-in at lunch and then went back to work (very near the site of lunch), and Google Latitude has maintained the check in of lunch all afternoon, until I went home, without the possibility of check-out