• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Latitude auto checkin

More importantly, how do you check in? I work irregular hours on variable days so I just want to automatically checkin and out of a place so I can check later how long I've been there exactly? Does latitude even do that? I've never known it to check in or out of anything! :p

Edit: never mind, I didn't get the latest maps update when it came out, because it only updated latitude and I never used it :p
As for your problem, it seems to be related to location inaccuracy. Try to get a decent gps fix so your exact location can be determined :)

Upvote 0
I activated the notification on the possible check-in, and then enabled the automatic check-in for places I frequent often. The only statistics that can be found are at Google / latitude.

My question remains on how to chekout ... My work place does not exist in G Maps, so I can't cancel previous check-in via a new check-in

Thanks in advance

Upvote 0
The workplace is not on google maps. I do not check in the morning. The place where I went to lunch there is. I checked-in at lunch and then went back to work (very near the site of lunch), and Google Latitude has maintained the check in of lunch all afternoon, until I went home, without the possibility of check-out

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones