• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Now on a new phone

toygate

Lurker
Oct 18, 2019
I would like to upgrade to a OnePlus 7t, don't want to give up the Google Now Launcher.
I am using Google Now launcher with android 9.0 on my OnePlus 5. There must be some way to move the app from my old phone to the new phone without rooting.
I have looked at Action Launcher, Nova etc. Not for me. These other launchers use a different alogrithm for the cards.

I would like to upgrade to a OnePlus 7t, don't want to give up the Google Now Launcher.
I am using Google Now launcher with android 9.0 on my OnePlus 5. There must be some way to move the app from my old phone to the new phone without rooting.
I have looked at Action Launcher, Nova etc. Not for me. These other launchers use a different alogrithm for the cards.

Apparently OnePlus Switch can move apps from old OnePlus to new OnePlus.
https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/official-heres-how-to-back-up-your-oneplus-device.777890/

Upvote 0
You can find the Google Now Launcher apk on apkmirror.com (one of the few download sites that I regard as safe enough to suggest).

Of course if it's not been updated for that long at some point it will fail because it will be incompatible with some newer feature or API. This can take many years (I've some apps that haven't been updated for 6 years or more and still work), but it really does depend on what APIs the app uses.

Reactions: mikedt and ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones