• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google play music

Why is the app, after the last update, got a mind of it's own? It has decided to reconfigure my music library by removing songs from certain artists and adding them to other artists or creating "unknown" folder and adding songs to it. I have spent countless hours creating my music library and making sure all info on songs and artist is correct.
I can no longer listen to an artist file wihout some of the songs being missing and added somewhere else.
Please advise

I had this same issue. Try uploading it via your computer instead of directly putting the music in the file directory on your phone. On the Desktop Version you can edit album info manually and most of the time it recognizes the album and suggests metadata for the albums. Then just download it from the app on your phone for offline listening

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones