• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google search widget

I moved my google search widget to another screen on my phone. Now it's completely unresponsive. If I tap it nothing happens. When long tapping it asks if I want to put something in the space and allows me to put anything OVER the google search widget! I can't remove it either since the long press brings up "add to home" screen.

It's as if it's not even recognized as being there. It thinks it's an empty space on the screen! :(

I too have this problem but it happens EVERY single time i use the search bar.
So restarting the phone isnt an option for me.

Does anyone know how i can fix this or of any similar 1x4 widgets i could use, or perhaps if there are any updates for this widget (couldnt find any myself)?

Any help at all would be appreciated, cheers :)

Upvote 0
This happens to me as well, but only when using LauncherPro. I have my Google Search below my Beautiful Widgets Clock/Weather and every time I use the Google Search, it ends up overlaying the clock/weather widget at the top. It's not responsive when touching it (it will go into weather/clock), but when I touch where it used to be, it will bring up the keyboard.

It doesn't seem to be an issue in Sense though.

Upvote 0
This happens to me as well, but only when using LauncherPro. I have my Google Search below my Beautiful Widgets Clock/Weather and every time I use the Google Search, it ends up overlaying the clock/weather widget at the top. It's not responsive when touching it (it will go into weather/clock), but when I touch where it used to be, it will bring up the keyboard.

It doesn't seem to be an issue in Sense though.

Interesting.

Im using Sense (Desire;Android2.1).

There's currently a spot missing now on my home page because i had to remove it due to this bug :(

Would very much like to fill it with a Google search bar of some kind, even if not this particular one.

Ooh, if it's of any relevance, I didnt seem to have this problem before I installed Google Voice (it adds the mic button next to the search bar within the same widget).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones