• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Got some questions for you guys!!

spencer320

Dec 30, 2011
Visalia, CA
Just got my phone yesterday, pretty awesome!! But Im new to this whole smartphone thing and could use some help. Seems the battery drains pretty quick, I noticed a LOT of apps running in the back so I downloaded a task killer app. It seem to work good but then I'll check it in a few mins and that app is back on there. Any way to actually kill it? I read on here and Knox's vids about rooting my phone to control what runs and doesn't but this is my first phone that has some smarts (i465 for bout 2 yrs lol) and I don't want to screw things up. Any help you guys can give me I would appreaciate it.

OK... How about this.... What's the best app killer that actually kills an app? I've tried a couple and they both do the same thing. Kill the app for a little while then it pops back up. Just looking for something that works.. Thanks.

I have my phone rooted, and I use an app called "Root Toolbox" which will let you freeze an app, (basically it stops it from doing anything at all.) and there also is a start up manager in that same program. This is my advice to you if you are worried about your programs that much, get all the info on rooting your phone and then do it or get some help from a friend who knows tech stuff. if you don't want to root your phone then try to find an app that will manage your programs at start-up. As of right this min I am not sure of any, but I will check it out and post it back here when I get some info on this...

Reactions: spencer320
Upvote 0
It's all about the app killer, and how you are using your phone. The last two days I have really only used my phone for texts and short calls, but I forgot to charge it last night and it made it through the day today without any problems. I'm not a power user, but I'm sure that me getting my warp to run 36 hours without a charge not a miracle. Also understand that your large screen will drain the battery really quick. Same with navigation, data, and a slew of other cool things that this phone does.

Personally I use the free version of "Advanced Task Killer" and set it to kill all task every time I turn the screen off.
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.rechild.advancedtaskkiller&hl=en

Reactions: spencer320
Upvote 0
Thanks guys for the help so far, to answer a few posts... Im currently using the free advanced task killer and after reading threads, just discovered I could fine tune. (new to this) :D Can you let me know what your settings are to dbl-check I'm in the ballpark? Ok, some of the apps that keep popping up, I have a Bible app, but used it once so far, this one pops on all the time, gmail, maps, and email. I really don't use these apps and don't see what the market would need them for. Does anyone know where I can go for a crash course in this kind of stuff?? I have a friend who's a tech expert but he has a tendency to just do it himself and not explain or fill me in on what he's doing. Thanks again guys!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones