• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help GPS Kaputt

Uri Stamonov

Oct 31, 2010
Hey all

I'm just wondering if anyone out there might have a tip or trick to help me out.

A few months ago my GPS started being a bit "flaky"...taking a long time to pick up, innacurate, telling me I had cycled 900 miles in 2 hours in sports tracking apps, that sort of thing.

I sent the handset back to 3 UK for repair as it also had a fault with the volume button, and asked them to look into the GPS problems.

Got the handset back now and have been playing with a few things such as rooting, other radios and ROMs, but the GPS has now completely given up the ghost.

I can't get a lock in any app, such as:

Google maps / navigation
Route 66 (Highly recommended)
GPS Status
Endomondo Pro

FYI I'm back to running the stock 2.3.3 ROM (2.50.405.2) with Radio 12.54.60.25U_26.09.04.11_M2.

Any ideas, or am I going to have to send it back again?

Thanks!

Uri

Dudes!

Absolutely awesome, thanks for the help!

Followed El Presidente's link, popped off the cover, prised up the terminals..and VOILA!

Indoor fix to 7 sats in about 10 seconds.

Job done!

Super duper, thanks everyone :D

Uri

Great - good to know... I'll leave looking for the other link I used.

Glad you're sorted!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones