• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gray or White?

White stands out way more than the gray version of course, but staining is a problem once again with the white device. Especially near the area where the phone touches your ear while on a call. Mine has stained to a light pinkish gray already, the color just seems off where the front camera is. Definately taking it to HTC and see if they have a solution to clean it off.

Upvote 0
i picked up the white. it just looked so good to me!
but it inevitable that it will stain. i just know it.. i have a White PS3 controller and it's stained from all the long hours of gaming. but then again i take care of my phones better than my controllers...
and i don't wanna put a case on the phone because i like the look of it without one.

Upvote 0
White.
Only con I can think of is it may show up a bit more dirt and finger marks than the grey but when it looks 100x better then is it really that important? They all get dirty some time.
Plus get yourself a nice clear case and you have nothing to worry about.

I chose grey, due to concerns you mention.
However I now wish I had picked the white case, as I agree it looks better

Upvote 0
I have the white phone, even with brand new jeans on i did not get any staining. However it sounds like i just got lucky. On the first one x i had there was some yellow/green staining around the earpiece. However that rubbed off to a perfect finish with a wet finger. So far with my new one no staining anywhere on the device.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones