• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Greetings from the LG Optimus Elite!

Artine

Android Expert
Jul 20, 2012
The Moon
Hey y'all (don't normally say that, just did it for funzies)! Greetings from the LG Optimus Elite!

This is Artine, the developer of the Sleipnir ROM for the OE. Recently, my last OE went kaput for no reason I could figure out, and couldn't even unbrick it through a firmware flash either - weird. Anyway, since the OE was being phased out and I needed a new phone sooner rather than later, I went ahead and purchased the SGR two days ago. It arrived today, and in the mean time I've gone through the entire All Things Root section.

It seems as though we've got a lot of newer people and more experienced devs, and not a lot of communication or bridges between the two. I would like to bring the qualities of Sleipnir (link to it in my signature, if you want to take a look at everything we as a community have managed to accomplish with the OE, from zero to 60 in a year's time on the features list), and whip up some in-depth newb-and-veteran friendly guides that seem to be missing for the Reverb, to help collect everything in one place as well as bring the newbies up to speed rather than leaving them in the dark (for example, the CWM FAQ-GUIDE for the OE, also linked to in my signature).

In any case, I just wanted to say hi, and that I hope we can work together to help bring this device up to speed and increase the amount of developer work being done! I look forward to this new experience on a newer device, I hope we can get along, and if there is anything specific dev-wise that I should be made aware of, please let me know!

Sincerely,
-Artine

EDIT: However, this might be a rather short relationship if the touchscreen no-response issue doesn't get solved for JB! I'd be willing to go back to ICS, too, if need-be! Lol :)

Reactions: Curtis1973
Well that's good to hear! I actually ended up just disabling a lot of the bloatware that came on the phone mainly samsung stuff and some google things as well such as play movies, chrome, media hub, and samsung apps to name a few. I really think it has to do with the ram on this phone ,but who knows. Anyways glad to have you on board and I look forward to your work as always :)

Upvote 0
There's a redirect in the other forum so you've got both bases covered. :D

Thanks for helping the community.

I just noticed that, haha! Thanks :D
And, hey, no problem. The development for the SGR is like the earlier stages of the OE, and that is part of the reason I chose the SGR - to help out in any way I can with the knowledge and progress we've gained over on the OE side. :)

Reactions: bkttk2 and Atma
Upvote 0
I am looking at making the move to this device. Wanted to check its dev status first.

In a nutshell, it's like the early stages of the OE, but with more ROMs. Hopefully we can get it up to the OE level, or higher. And also the touchscreen freezes on occasion, but you can still use the capacitive hard keys to get menus to come up. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones