• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mods [Guide]How to flash a Nexus Factory Image manually.

There is an off chance, however unlikely, that something was corrupted in the download/unzipping. You might need to re-download the files.

that's what I thought, I deleted all the downloads and did it anew, but I'm confronted with a new problem, am not able to extract the factory image to sdk-tools folder, it doesn't give me the zipped system file and the bootloader and radio like the first time, but stays just in one single file.
I used the same link from developers.google.com
this is the sdk folder.
adb
adb-linux
adb-mac
adbWinapi.dll
adbWinUsbapi.dll
fastboot
fastboot-linux
fastboot-mac
md5sums
Occam-kot49h-factory-02e344de
sdk.sh
version

Upvote 0
That's not a zip file, it's a gzip tarball. Not quite exactly the same thing, but similar. did you try the instructions on the download page?

You need to uncompress each download before use, which creates a new directory for that exact download. That directory contains a ./flash-all.sh script, which handles the various operations, installs the necessary bootloader, baseband firmware(s), and operating system.

Upvote 0
Looks okay to me ...

Attachments

• screen_zip.jpg
    screen_zip.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 247
Reactions: rachid
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones