• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Had to change Facebook password and now phone is borked

fried

Jul 17, 2010
I changed my Facebook password on the web site and next time I used Facebook on the phone it said "authentication failed" and asked me to input the correct password, which I did. After doing that, Friendstream didn't work and when I clicked "View Facebook profile" for a contact, HTC Sense crashed. I removed my Facebook account from the phone and re-entered it, using the new password, which seemed to work OK but when I go into Accounts & Sync - Facebook for HTC Sense and hit "Sync Now", nothing happens. All of my Facebook contacts are gone from the phone.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? I've tried clearing all of the data for the relevant apps. I really don't want to do a factory reset!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones