1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Had to change Facebook password and now phone is borked

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fried, Aug 11, 2010.

1. fried

fried Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2010
    I changed my Facebook password on the web site and next time I used Facebook on the phone it said "authentication failed" and asked me to input the correct password, which I did. After doing that, Friendstream didn't work and when I clicked "View Facebook profile" for a contact, HTC Sense crashed. I removed my Facebook account from the phone and re-entered it, using the new password, which seemed to work OK but when I go into Accounts & Sync - Facebook for HTC Sense and hit "Sync Now", nothing happens. All of my Facebook contacts are gone from the phone.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? I've tried clearing all of the data for the relevant apps. I really don't want to do a factory reset!

Advertisement

2. Raggy

Raggy Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Male
    Engineering
    Planet Earth...
    When I changed passwords on facebook, I ended up having to go into setting/apps/running apps and stop the app and clear data then restart phone and enter all the details again.

fried likes this.
  3. fried

fried Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Thanks for the reply. I sorted it out this morning. I did exactly what I did in my first post in this thread, only this time it worked. It's a bit of a pain to go through this process just because you've changed a password!

4. Nasalhair

Nasalhair Guest

Agreed - you'd think there would be an easier way (surely there is!)

Tags: